• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

New to pinball, looking for help

Fifty

Apr 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Welcome Fleach! I was in the same boat as you a couple months ago. I toiled over what pinball machine to purchase and finally decided on an F-14 Tomcat. I have no regrets about my purchase and while it wasn't a project pin, I turned it into one pretty quickly. I shined up the playfield, replaced the rubbers, flippers, bulbs, etc! It has been a learning experience but it's also been a lot of fun!

If you have any newbie questions I can definitely help you out! :) Good luck with your search!

Fleach

Jul 3, 2014
GTA
I live in Mississauga, so I'm not too far from Toronto.

FiftyQuid, I would be very happy with an F-14 Tomcat. Played one at a friend's place and thought it was great.

Fleach

Jul 3, 2014
GTA
I just sent him a PM. Hopefully he can introduce me to some nice pins and I can come up with a wishlist.

Thanks for all the help guys!

REVOLUTION

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 13, 2012
GTA
www.pinballrevolution.com
You should also try and make it out to the next pinball launch party (last one was Stern Mustang). They're always held at Whacky Wings in Mississauga. Lots of regulars show up, and prizes are provided by The Playdium Store and Pinball Revolution :)

bstock

Apr 1, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
mwong168 said:
Bigbossfan said:
Congrats on finding PRev. You'll find a tonne of helpful folks here on the boards. Good luck in your hunt!! But be forewarned. This hobby is very addictive. I bought my first pin last September (with the help of THE ENABLER!) and since then have moved through 7 pins. I've got four in my collection now, figuring ways of making more space!

Enjoy!!
You missed a good time last night Fleach, bstock didn't leave till about 2:30am and was like a kid in a candy store playing all my pins last night.

Thanks again for having me over mike! Had a blast! I definitely was a bit if a kid in a candy store, but that's how guys are when they live in pinball Siberia! . Haha. Can't wait to stop by again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Menace said:
Oh, you're probably not too far from Drano... who just happens to have a nice diverse collection!

D

I'm in the Dixie Rd / QEW area.
I've been known to open the doors once or twice a month ;)

I have about 18 of my games currently set up and playable.
Mostly DMD but a handful of more vintage electromechanical and early solid state pins too.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Here is another great DMD pin that just popped up today for sale, Baywatch $1500 from Bally Boy.

http://www.maaca.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=16254

It's got 3-4 ramps, tons of wire forms, 4 flippers and one of them sometimes automatically flips for you too like Thing flips on The Addams Family.

image-4.jpg

Here is a PAPA game play video on their old Vimeo page.

http://vimeo.com/34002424

Fleach

Jul 3, 2014
GTA
A working pin is a high priority for me right now. I'd be overwhelmed by a total restoration or repair project.

A Dungeons and Dragons popped up locally so hopefully that will work out for me. Contacted the seller and hoping for the best.

Luckydogg420

May 12, 2013
Kitchener
D&D is great for a beginner. There's no outlane in the game. You have a second button to do a "magic save" it's easy to have long ball times, but there's a couple tough shots to keep ya going. I'd get one again some time, it left my basement to soon.

I think hard body has the same second button save, but I've never played that one.

Fleach

Jul 3, 2014
GTA
The seller said some other people will be coming to check out the pin. If it's still available on Sunday I'll probably pick it up.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Fleach said:
The seller said some other people will be coming to check out the pin. If it's still available on Sunday I'll probably pick it up.

So did you end up buying anything Fleach? If not I don't think you can get a better bang for buck game then this Starship Troopers from mitch who just dropped it to $1850.

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=2819