• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

New to pinball. Suggestions?

theyangman

Feb 18, 2016
London, On
This seems to be my issue. I have the budget but my local menu of pins for sale kinda sucks. Nothing I really want. I can't afford to take several days off to go on a road trip for one either. :(

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk

TopTierArcade

Apr 28, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Get out to some members houses (bring beer ;)), you'd be surprised how much the pins you remember aren't that great and pins you never heard of are awesome.

I couldn't agree more. After going my first pinball tournament at Pinball for change or http://www.portunionpinball.com/home.html, I found that T2 and Demolition man weren't as good as I remembered But No Fear and Rollergames pinball (I would have never thought) were awesome fast pins that I loved playing!! Not to mention meeting great pinball collectors

dnewman

Oct 29, 2013
Newmarket
This seems to be my issue. I have the budget but my local menu of pins for sale kinda sucks. Nothing I really want. I can't afford to take several days off to go on a road trip for one either. :(

Just have patience... If you can have the patience to be able to browse for a few months, you'll do fine.

I have to agree, though, go play the pin firsthand. And don't buy a project for your first pin. More senior members of this community gave me that advice a few years ago, and I'm glad I took it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

FastEd

Sep 5, 2014
Toronto
Agreed, patience is key. I lurked for many years, learned as much as I could, before getting my first pin. Also, if you haven't done so already, get in touch with the "enabler"!

Reactions: Menace