• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Next Stern: James Bond 007 LE

luch

Nov 18, 2012
Newmarket
www.topl.ca
thought price was $19,999 US

All-Access James Bond 007 60th Anniversary Limited Edition

$19,999.99 ea.
Sold Out !

Last edited:

kool1

Sep 14, 2021
Oakville ON
Crazy money but I'm sure they will sell.

Sad part is most people will never get to play this game.

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
I suppose this is for Bond collectors? Kind of a shame, since I would have thought this was what they were going to do with the mainline bond game instead of being all Connery. Will likely be a simpler game (like Beatles), which is OK, but not necessarily something I feel the need to own. I suppose this is also the reason it's a single level game?

Would be interested in playing one of course, but I don't think many people are going to buy both the regular Bond game and this one, especially not at a 20k MSRP.

ZoomZoomBoomBoom

Mar 27, 2021
Barrie, ON
I'm not one to usually gripe about price, but at $30K Cdn, I'm underwhelmed to say the least. In regards to "simple playfields"; I have a Beatles. I love it. I have a Heavy Metal. I love it. But I could have bought both of those and (almost) another title for the same price as this one machine.

It doesn't even have inner art blades or powder coated armour and the "custom shooter rod" is a sticker on a regular rod.
To me, everything about this machine screams "gouging our customer/ collector base".
I can see this plummeting in value VERY quickly.

Steve Lennox

Jan 6, 2021
Whitby, Ontario
I'm not one to usually gripe about price, but at $30K Cdn, I'm underwhelmed to say the least. In regards to "simple playfields"; I have a Beatles. I love it. I have a Heavy Metal. I love it. But I could have bought both of those and (almost) another title for the same price as this one machine.

It doesn't even have inner art blades or powder coated armour and the "custom shooter rod" is a sticker on a regular rod.
To me, everything about this machine screams "gouging our customer/ collector base".
I can see this plummeting in value VERY quickly.
Also not one to gripe about price, but I have a hard time with this in comparison to the James Bond LE or even Premium - which looks more interesting with ramps and rails. It looks fun, don't get me wrong, but to have this priced at $30K CAD and it looks like you get far less than a Premium model. And assuming I didn't miss anything with the topper, it looks pretty phoned in. After the Mando topper I'm surprised by this.

Reactions: ZoomZoomBoomBoom

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
Saw the pinball news story about this one, and I didn't realize that it was actually mechanical score reels in the backbox. The pictures made it look like a regular LCD that just did the Beatles thing with the fake reels, but this is apparently mechanical reels with a lit plastic (in the same size hole as the regular LCD). Still doesn't make it worth $20k though...

Hammerhead

Nov 16, 2012
Melbourne
After the thrashing JJP has taken for "gouging" and Lawlor for "mailing it in" with Toy Story 4, will be interesting to see what the take is for Bond given Stern and Elwin are involved in the discussion this time around.

kool1

Sep 14, 2021
Oakville ON
After the thrashing JJP has taken for "gouging" and Lawlor for "mailing it in" with Toy Story 4, will be interesting to see what the take is for Bond given Stern and Elwin are involved in the discussion this time around.

3 reasons it will probably work work IMO

1. Elwin
2. It's Stern and 500 is not a crazy number
3. It's Bond - strong hit on male demographic

I don't know any men that have TS4 as a dream theme.

Steve Lennox

Jan 6, 2021
Whitby, Ontario
As someone who used to do a lot of graphic design, I wouldn't have been able to run the movie titles down the head and the movie posters collaged along the side of the cab - that was the type of shit that killed me. I would get copy from someone and my first response would be to tell them to cut it down or I will.

ZoomZoomBoomBoom

Mar 27, 2021
Barrie, ON
It's getting "trashed" on Pinside, so I guess Stern and Elwin are not immune to the wrath. ;)

MoPin

Mar 2, 2021
TO
It’s not hard to find 500 buyers world wide with money to spend. Add to that those that love Bond or love Elwin even if they cannot afford $20k they will try for that love. There is always someone with more money than you and me no matter how much you have. What will eventually happen is they find their forever homes and then we will very rarely see them after that.

Reactions: ZoomZoomBoomBoom

kool1

Sep 14, 2021
Oakville ON
It’s not hard to find 500 buyers world wide with money to spend. Add to that those that love Bond or love Elwin even if they cannot afford $20k they will try for that love. There is always someone with more money than you and me no matter how much you have. What will eventually happen is they find their forever homes and then we will very rarely see them after that.
Hate always comes out when people can't have something. It's pretty normal.

The machines will sell for sure. It will be one of the most exclusive machines you can own period.

Steve Lennox

Jan 6, 2021
Whitby, Ontario
Hate always comes out when people can't have something. It's pretty normal.

The machines will sell for sure. It will be one of the most exclusive machines you can own period.
"can't have"? I could buy it tomorrow (if I could locate one), but comparing it to the 007 LE, it seems like a bad buy. I think aspects of the 007 release in general were phoned in. I dont think I'm alone.