• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Nitro Pinball comes east

PhilouFelin

Jan 30, 2023
Quebec
I'm from Quebec :D

I'm the TBL guy you spoke with via email. ;)
For clients from Quebec, you're right I have to charge 15% taxes. However, it's almost compensated by shipping fees that are a lot lower than when it was shipped from the west.

But yeah, we all hate those champion taxes from Qc!

Paul

Feb 21, 2013
NewBrunswick
For clients from Quebec, you're right I have to charge 15% taxes. However, it's almost compensated by shipping fees that are a lot lower than when it was shipped from the west.

But yeah, we all hate those champion taxes from Qc!
Where at in Quebec ?

Jeff K.

Jun 27, 2013
Toronto
@PhilouFelin: since shipping is approx. $200 to Toronto, are you indicating your Stern NIB LE/Premium prices are less than what are currently being offered at P1?
I’m trying to understand what the advantage is buying from Nitro Quebec vs locally at P1?
I have had nothing but exemplary service from Jerry and now Martin at P1, but would like to know what advantages we have by ordering from Nitro east?

ZoomZoomBoomBoom

Mar 27, 2021
Barrie, ON
Hey ZoomZoom,

If the buyer is in Ontario, only the HST will be charged, not taxes from Province of Quebec.

For shipment, I can cover a large territory in Ontario for less than 200$! It's a little bit more expensive in the northwestern Ontario, but it's still pretty decent. I have a partnership with a very reliable transporter allowing me to have very competitive prices!
This is very good news for me and very bad news for my wallet.
;)

Reactions: PhilouFelin

PhilouFelin

Jan 30, 2023
Quebec
@PhilouFelin: since shipping is approx. $200 to Toronto, are you indicating your Stern NIB LE/Premium prices are less than what are currently being offered at P1?
I’m trying to understand what the advantage is buying from Nitro Quebec vs locally at P1?
I have had nothing but exemplary service from Jerry and now Martin at P1, but would like to know what advantages we have by ordering from Nitro east?
Hey Jeff,

I think the main difference between Nitro and P1 is the philosophy of the company. At Nitro, we are a company of pinheads for the pinheads! We do not rent caroussels in funfair or manage restaurants and bars. We are specialized in pinball, that's what we love and that's what we do!

On top of that, we are very competitive on prices and as you'll see in the next few months, we'll come up with new pinball related products, promotions and contests. In the last year alone, I contributed to the birth of the first pinball expo in the province of Quebec, I started a pinball league, I launched a new pinball media (Pinball Club) available on Facebook, Youtube and Twitch where we present live streams and where we discuss with the pinball community, all that while I was working on starting my company and building a partnership with Tommy!

For the next year, I want to help our community to grow by being involved in leagues accross Eastern Canada and help organizing events in different provinces.

Nitro for me is not just selling a machine, it is offering an experience and making it accessible to the more people as possible. At the end of the day, if someone is looking for a price, then let's compare both offers and make a choice! If someone's a true pinhead and he wants more than just having a machine in his basement, I think he will end up at Nitro Pinball pretty quickly!

Last edited:

Angel11

Mar 16, 2020
Mississauga
Hey Jeff,

I think the main difference between Nitro and P1 is the phylosophy of the company. At Nitro, we are a company of pinheads for the pinheads! We do not rent caroussels in funfair or manage restaurants and bars. We are specialized in pinball, that's what we love and that's what we do!

On top of that, we are very competitive on prices and as you'll see in the next few months, we'll come up with new pinball related products, promotions and contests. In the last year alone, I contributed to the birth of the first pinball expo in the province of Quebec, I started a pinball league, I launched a new pinball media (Pinball Club) available on Facebook, Youtube and Twitch where we present live streams and where we discuss with the pinball community, all that while I was working on starting my company and building a partnership with Tommy!

For the next year, I want to help our community to grow by being involved in leagues accross Eastern Canada and help organizing events in different provinces.

Nitro for me is not just selling a machine, it is offering an experience and making it accessible to the more people as possible. At the end of the day, if someone is looking for a price, then let's compare both offers and make a choice! If someone's a true pinhead and he wants more than just having a machine in his basement, I think he will end up at Nitro Pinball pretty quickly!
I'm happy to hear this. This is great news. I look forward to doing business with Nitro and having the option of working with a dedicated company that puts their customer interests first and most importantly shares the interests and view of the community it serves. Congrats on opening and serving the eastern part of Canada.

BMHouze

Mar 11, 2014
Delhi Ontario
I am looking forward to seeing who/whom they want to recruit to do service.
Hopefully, they might hit up Corey Cooke and I can get my newer Stern fixed by someone I have previously used and trust.
Please have someone between the GTA and Windsor.

Reactions: KilaOhm

MrMikeman

Nov 25, 2019
Ottawa
This is bad news for me. I will now have to pay nearly $2k more for my Looney Tunes that I had ordered because I will get the QC tax, which I wouldn't have had to pay before. Shipping won't be $2k cheaper so it's certainly NOT almost equivalent to having more tax to pay.

But it's nice to have a "local" distributor for all the manufacturers that aren't already covered by P1.

Locutus

Feb 1, 2019
Richmond Hill
Suggest reaching out to them before jumping to conclusions.
This is bad news for me. I will now have to pay nearly $2k more for my Looney Tunes that I had ordered because I will get the QC tax, which I wouldn't have had to pay before. Shipping won't be $2k cheaper so it's certainly NOT almost equivalent to having more tax to pay.

But it's nice to have a "local" distributor for all the manufacturers that aren't already covered by P1.

Reactions: Ponzie

Paul

Feb 21, 2013
NewBrunswick

How much tax do you pay in Ottawa ? And how much is it in Quebec ? It is 15% in NB

Reactions: Richard McLaughlin