• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

No time for videogames!! Yet I keep buying them..

REVOLUTION

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 13, 2012
GTA
www.pinballrevolution.com
Man, I have ZERO time and I bought 5 games in the last month. Dark Souls, Catherine, Transformers: Fall of Cybertron, Halo 4 and Batman: Arkham City

I have a problem. :oops:

Granted I bought the last two with a gift card because I had no idea what else to buy with it..

I play for maybe 4 hours every week, so I should be done all these games in a few years.

- B

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
I'm in the same boat, but to a lesser degree

Bought Dishonored based on reviews, and just haven't had the desire to play it, finished Boderland2 tho, that was fun.

I've been meaning to grab Dark Souls, enjoyed Demons Souls, but haven't finished it, I want to start that again and respec my character.

Catherine I got on the PSN store, I love the puzzles of the game but HATE the story line I'm not a fan of Japaneses Anime storyline type stuff, wish I could just play the puzzles and not have to do any of the weird shit from the story line

Wife bought FOC I haven't touched it yet

Batman Arkham city, I keep trying to like but for some reason just can get myself to play it.

I want to pickup Doom3 BFG edition, I feel like some old school classic FPS and maybe hitman, I haven't spent any time with the series but am curious to try it.

hippochrome

Nov 19, 2012
Ottawa
same boat.
Ive had the same ps3 game I bought last month still in its wrapper, and just got another last weekend.
Free-time will be back again, some day :)

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
Dishonored sounds like a neat blend of Thief and Assassin's creed-definitely on my radar, along with X-Com. I actually held back on buying both of those last week until I can catch up a little. I actually managed to start Assassin's Creed 3 though, but I still have Halo 4, Gears of War 3, Fable 3, Rayman Legends, The Witcher 2, Red Dead Redepmtion, Dead Rising 2 Off the Record, Skyrim, and a bunch of other stuff sitting unplayed. That's not to mention the Uncharted 1&2, Ico/Shadow of the Colossus, or God of war collections that I picked up for ps3.

I just need a month off work, that should help.

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
REVOLUTION said:
Shadow of the Colossus is hands down the best game I've ever played.. simply amazing. It's an art piece, really..

I started it, but haven't finished it, it's not bad, but far from my favorite game ever.

Perhaps it's because I'm playing it on this Generation rather then when it originally came out.

For me, right now, my favorite game of all time is Skyrim, it had been a REALLY long time since a game had engrossed me as much as Skyrim had. I think the last time was FF7, I really enjoyed everything there was in Skyrim, and am extremely disappointed that the DLC won't be coming to the PS3.

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
From what I heard, the ps3 version of Skyrim was a bit of a clusterfuck. I played Oblivion on the 360, and have a 360 copy of Skyrim, but from what I've seen, the best way to play those games is on the PC. Mod support if nothing else-I remember seeing one mod where a guy took and did unique covers for every book in Oblivion. I think spending too many hours on Morrowind on the PC was responsible for some of the back pain that I had in grad school. I think I put 100 hours into that game in the space of a few weeks...

I've actually played the ps2 version of shadow of the colossus already, but bought the reissue because I'd never played ico. Shadow had a lot of great things going for it-making an entire game a series of what's essentially boss battles was a great idea. Defeating each of the colossi turned into a unique puzzle, and while the last couple might have dragged a little (from what I remember), it was still a great ride. I also remember the ending (or at least the bit right before the ending) being pretty impactful. That being said though, there was a lot of wandering around in that game, riding from encounter to encounter.

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
this is one of very few reasons why I wish I still PC gamed

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bifmj1O3D24&hd=1[/youtube]