• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

FS "Not Mine" Pinball Machines For Sale

domino

Nov 20, 2013
Hamilton
meegis said:
I've been to the pinball outlet. They shop and flip. Any retailer does this.

Do I condone it? Not in the collector world,but they do run a business, so can you blame them?

Needless to say, they have not earned my business

Exactly, don't like it? Don't buy it.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
domino said:
http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-toys-games-Pinball-machine-W0QQAdIdZ563221848

Mousin' Around

It turns on but It might need some work on the plunder or flippers.

Older lady that won't know much about it

This machine looks to be in a good shape and hope it went to a good home and not some ambulance chasing flipper.

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
That MA was literally in my backyard. If I didn't have enough on my plate I would have grabbed it for sure. Oh well... priorities.

D

Chill

Apr 11, 2013
Guelph
Re: "Not Mine" Pinball Machines For Sale

Menace said:
That MA was literally in my backyard. If I didn't have enough on my plate I would have grabbed it for sure. Oh well... priorities.

D

The old woman selling it screwed me on the deal... Be glad you didn't!

frolic

Nov 19, 2012
Tdot
Re:

Chill said:
Menace said:

D

You mean like this?

kingpin-landlady-o.gif

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Re:

Chill said:

What exactly happened? Did you get there and she increased the price due to higher offers then her asking price from other emails? Someone beat you to it?

Chill

Apr 11, 2013
Guelph

We had made arrangements to meet - and that I was to call Sunday at a set time. Turns out the "repair" guy convinced her to sell to him and he stole it. I was pissed.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Re:

Chill said:
We had made arrangements to meet - and that I was to call Sunday at a set time. Turns out the "repair" guy convinced her to sell to him and he stole it. I was pissed.

Hate to say this but lesson learned from this should be that when a deal is this "good" you shouldn't be asking for a future pick up date but more like what is your address so I can come over right now to pick up. Unless the seller pull's the ad off kijiji they will likely get more email inquiries and people willing to pick up sooner then you or offering slightly more then their asking price. This is why I never bother with kijiji deals because I don't work from home or have the ability to drop whatever it is I am doing to compete with some of these ambulance chasers. Better luck next time Chill.

domino

Nov 20, 2013
Hamilton
Exactly.

When I talked to the lady, I basically told her that I'm going to stop by the bank machine and I can be there in 1 hour. She was fine with that.

Oh well, I'm sure you'll see it posted for 1400 in a few weeks by that "repair guy".

I didn't get it BTW as I decided to get something else.

Chill

Apr 11, 2013
Guelph

mwong168 said:
Chill said:

Hate to say this but lesson learned from this should be that when a deal is this "good" you shouldn't be asking for a future pick up date but more like what is your address so I can come over right now to pick up. Unless the seller pull's the ad off kijiji they will likely get more email inquiries and people willing to pick up sooner then you or offering slightly more then their asking price. This is why I never bother with kijiji deals because I don't work from home or have the ability to drop whatever it is I am doing to compete with some of these ambulance chasers. Better luck next time Chill.

You're totally right - but SHE was holding it for the repair guy to fix as she didn't want to sell it broken. I would have gone sooner....

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto

quarter grabber

May 29, 2013
Ottawa
Re: Re:

mwong168 said:
Chill said:

Yes exactly this ^^^^^^^^! Although as a seller I have agreed to a price and a later pick up date and other people have offered me more money in the mean time but I turned it down and let them know it was already sold. However this can backfire on a seller too. It happened to me when I was selling my STTNG. I agreed to a price and a later delivery date, and I fended off other potential buyers while waiting for that delivery date. I loaded the pin in the back of my van the night before and the buyer texted me (didn't even have the stones to call) to give me a BS excuse about how his wife won't let him buy it, yeah, right. A week or two later he posts he has a STTNG, I guess his wife changed her mind :roll: . Really he probably found a cheaper one and bought it instead. So you can also lose as a seller agreeing to a later pick up/delivery date as well.