• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

FS "Not Mine" Pinball Machines For Sale

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
Yeah, the majority of my collection I have owned for a LONG time and for the most part are all keepers which I have never had any intention of selling. (I knew what games I wanted in my collection and worked hard to obtain them) On the rare occasion I do decide to sell something off it's usually after a LOT of deliberation and for specific reasons. With the way the market is now, sure I could sell off a bunch and reap the rewards but I also know that I would never own those titles again due to market costs...

So I guess if you see me selling off a bunch of games it's probably safe to say I'd be getting out of the hobby. :)

D

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
jbenaiah said:
Mike - Given the price of the Champion Pub... is it also likely to be a scam?

I don't think it is a scam because seller offered to shop and deliver for extra but then again you never know because he might ask for a money wire or EMT deposit up front. Also it looks like the game is no longer available or is sold.

I'm surprised no scammers have gotten the idea to setup a fake pinball ad to bait out a potential buyer only to rob them of their cash at the meeting or fake pick up address. I've read stories in newspapers of how some people have gotten robbed buying electronics such as computers, tablets, cell phones via kijiji meeting at public locations like a Tim's parking lot. A pinball would be such a good score as there is physical cash involved even if it is for a shit title like Waterworld that is $1450 cash in one shot! These days anything could be a scam even if it was priced accordingly so be careful.

Herminator

Jul 29, 2013
Kitchener,ON
I responded to the Sarnia ad on Monday within 10 mins of the post and didn't get a response.
Responded to the Cambridge post almost immediately and I live 5 mins away. Posted that I'd pay the $2750 and pick up right away and also never got a response.
I figured the guy in Cambridge was just flipping the Sarnia pin but the price was still under value for a Champion Pub and they don't come up that often.
I think both ads probably turned into an auction. Start with a low asking price on a desired pin that doesn't come up too often and watch the offers come in over asking price. Also no commission to pay, as with a regular auction.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
REVOLUTION said:
man, a year ago I couldn't GIVE Champ Pub away for $2500... (or was it 2 years ago?)

It was Jan 2012 when I sold you Champion Pub after 12 days of ownership in my friend's living room next door. I knew it wasn't a keeper and more of a novelty game as it got old pretty fast for both of us. I think you kept it for same amount of time as me and yeah I remember you couldn't give it away!

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
Guess people are desperate for ANY pinball.

CP is a fun game to play in other people's collections, it's a DOG in a home environment and one of the worst tournament games I've ever been subjected to.