• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Pinball machine parts

in2pin

Dec 11, 2014
Georgetown, ON
Is there somewhere locally - GTA to get parts?
First thing I'm looking for is light bulbs for a 70's EM, where can I get these?
I understand there's a couple different options, #44 or #47? Any recommendations on what to use?

brad808

Feb 28, 2013
Brantford
The playdium store will have what you need. #47 will create less heat so I normally put those in. They are a tad bit dimmer though.

spiroagnew

Staff member
Dec 1, 2012
Scotch Block, ON
www.creditdotpinball.com
Starburst/Playdium at the Ronson address above has a parts desk...you can go in and talk to a real person during business hours! They'll likely have the basic parts you need on hand...and they can order the oddball stuff.

Other than that, you can try Pinball Medics, relatively new to the online parts game here in Canada, and they'll ship to you from Ottawa.

in2pin

Dec 11, 2014
Georgetown, ON
There's a few that need to be replaced for sure and some that flicker on and off. Not sure if that is the bulb or another issue. Just got my first machine and know nothing about fixing them. Limited DYI abilities so I might have to get help to deal with any issues.

dnewman

Oct 29, 2013
Newmarket
Congratulations on your first pin!

I'm quite certain your DIY abilities are sufficient for changing light bulbs! ;) There are some pins that have 'twinkle' bulbs that flicker on and off.

If you have questions about fixing something, post it here on PinRev... there are a lot of awesome people on here that have a wealth of information and experience, and that are very willing to help out.

Monkeybug

Nov 14, 2012
Stouffville, ON
Stick with #44 if you don't plan to have the machine on for extended periods of time.

#47 run cooler but are not as bright. If you game is on 12+ hours a day, this is a savings. If your game is on for an hour, then stick with #44. They are brighter, look better and are what was originally intended for the machine.

meegis

Mar 18, 2013
Woodbridge
I can also donate standard incandescent #44 bulbs to you. Likely to redo the whole machine with what I have on hand.

Welcome to pinball :)