• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Pinball Pro vs Flipper Fidelity Speakers?

Bigbossfan

Aug 22, 2013
Lincoln, NB
Thinking about getting a new set of speakers for the LOTR. Given the choice, what brand would you choose, and why?

Many thanks!

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
My LOTR came with the pinball pro set in it, and it sounds great, but I don't have a game with the FF speakers to compare to. I didn't really think it would make that much of a difference, but it's way clearer than the stock speakers, and the sub makes a nice difference. Really only matters when you have one game at a time going-if you have a bunch playing at once, you can't hear anything anyway.

Luckydogg420

May 12, 2013
Kitchener
Are these just speakers? Or do they have built in crossovers?

If their just speakers, then I'd compare their specs side by side.
Lower number for Hz means they can reproduce lower bass. (20hz - 22000hz) is the full range of sound
Sensitivity, how many db/1W. A higher number is better. (90db/1W)
Power handling, watts power. Look for a RMS number rather then peak output.
Weight. Usually heavier magnets produce better bass.

Luckydogg420

May 12, 2013
Kitchener
After looking at both web sites I'd pick the pinball pro. Just on the lack of info provided by flipper fidelity.

If your proud of your product and want to sell it, then why not tell us why your speakers are better.

I didn't see any specs on the flipper fidelity site, just that their speakers are better then stock...

Slam_Tilt

Nov 20, 2012
Brampton
Either one is fine. I don;t think there is much difference between the two. To be honest though I would keep the stock speakers and just by one of those subs that go on for sale often. I believe its the Polk Audio one. You can hook up two pins to it. It will make a huge difference.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Yup, this one was on sale last week for $94.99 and back on sale again except for $99.99 right now at Best Buy.

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/pol ... 602129en02

As Brent mentioned already, two birds one stone versus the cost of say a FF kit which can be $140-170 depending on the game and only good for that one game only. With this sub you could theoretically wire up each of your games and move the sub around depending on which one you are playing for the moment. No permanent modification and just some gator clips and wire fed through the sub speaker opening to the bottom of your game.

8749690631_a88dca160c_c.jpg

tom_454

Nov 28, 2012
Ottawa
I have a Pinball Pro sub in my LOTR and it rocks.

I have the FF kit (backbox speakers & sub) in my TROn and it rocks as well. Simply awesome.

To really compare I think I would need the Pinball Pro backbox speakers as well for mt LOTR. The backbox speakers are often over looked but the extra crispness is great. I am sure you could piece together your own combination for a similar price to the FF or PBP kits but for me it wasn't worth the hassle.

I can highly recommend the FF kit (a vastly superior replacement to the stock Stern speakers). Shipping as always to Canada is a PITA but I bought mine in Allentown. FF was great to deal with on all occasions: when I bought the TRONLE backbox lighting kit; their speaker kit and the Xpin Blue DMD display.