• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

WTB Pinbot, Taxi, or Silver Slugger or some good advice

specfire

May 5, 2023
Kingston
Actually, I'm looking for advice more than anything. I've been away from pinball for well over 10 years and pinball sure is way more expensive now than when I left.

I really want back into the hobby and would appreciate a bit of advice.

I have owned Firepower, Firepower 2, and sold Space Shuttle to Sparky.

Thematically, I think Pinbot would be the next logical step (space theme as well as a Ritchie/Oursler connection). On the other hand, System 11's just seem to be really expensive, and I would worry that Pinbot is to difficult for casual play. I am looking for something that casual players (children, wife, visitors etc) can play without getting their asses kicked. Firepower was amazing (especially with Oliver roms) but was pretty brutal. Another System 11 I would definitely be interested in would be Taxi, but I suspect I can't afford one.

I'm looking for a pinball machine with the following characteristics:

1. SS and not DMD - I really prefer simple rules and don't like DMD video modes;
2. Friendly to beginners - it would be good if a beginner could keep a ball in play for at least a short while;
3. Less than $4k;
4. Somewhat easy to maintain;
5. As far as play style, I do like flow. While I appreciate that Pinbot is more stop and go, I love the theme. Taxi is all flow and somewhat forgiving to beginners.

Recently, I was thinking Silver Slugger could be a good option. There is an auction in Regina, SK of Automatic Amusements of their last remaining pins and they are auctioning a Silver Slugger. https://www.kijiji.ca/v-general-electro ... 1658522805 With auction fees and shipping fees to Ontario, is this foolish or viable? What kind of condition should I expect? Is it easily restored if not working well?

Alternatively, does anyone have a Pinbot, Silver Slugger, or Taxi for sale or a suggestion for a different machine?

Thanks,

John