• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

PPS MMR – WMS Legal Approval Recieved!

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
We have received a much anticipated WMS Legal approval (1/28/14) to move ahead with the game which triggers puchase of parts (which we have already been doing in anticipation), as well as to production. Roger Sharpe (WMS) has played the game and has agreed that the game plays well and any items that needed to be addressed are accounted for. The game plays correctly relative to the original game and that is a key criterion to moving forward.

So, the team is now busy procuring parts as welll as finalizing the last revision of the electronics. Artwork has been completed and the game elements have passed the test with WMS.

We will update you more, but the focus is on procuring parts (not building games just yet!) and then moving to a pre-production and then production in a couple of months.

Given that we are still working on getting some of the prototypes together which will take several weeks, we will not be freezing any deposits until we have games readily available to play as well as things like the choice of gold trim, etc.

link: http://www.planetarypinball.com/pps-mmr ... -recieved/

spiroagnew

Staff member
Dec 1, 2012
Scotch Block, ON
www.creditdotpinball.com
One Pinside poster outlined the reason that he was backing out of the MMr order...not a flame, but rather through a well reasoned, well written and respectful post...and of course a shitstorm from all sides, both defending and detracting PPS, occurs. Then, Rick comes up with this gem of a response:

"i can always stop working on this if people would prefer that ... then nothing would move forward."

WTF? Even if Rick has wrongly become a licensee whipping boy on behalf of WMS being asshole copyright owners, THIS COMMENT is the exact reason why people enjoy pointing the finger at him. I understand its hard being the face of a hotly anticipated project in such a public forum, but the "I'm takin' my toys and goin' home" style response is very disconcerting in many regards. Threatening to pull the plug because of criticism? C'mon.

Thread link here, the quoted above occurs about twenty comments in:
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ive-cancelled-my-mmr-order

frolic

Nov 19, 2012
Tdot
You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. Or so the quote goes :lol: .