• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Replay FX Festival

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
This isn't being talked about enough:

http://replayfx.org/

Pinburgh, the tournament within the festival sold out in 12 hours, 700 spots, $200 investment that's pretty dam impressive for any event, let alone one related to competitive pinball.

But the most important thing that I hope most people aren't glossing over, is this isn't just about the Tournament, it's not a rebrand of Pinburgh, it's something much much more!

A festival for anyone and everyone who likes gaming, period. Console, board, arcade, pinball, they have it all!!

They are even going to have tons of vendors, parts, and machines for sale. Just check out their plan on this part of the website:

http://replayfx.org/marketplace/

They are concerned more with making sure they get quality vendors, then vendors who can cover a expensive table charge.

This is without a doubt, going to be better then Expo, Allentown, or any other show that has come before it.
I've talked with Mark about his vision for this and the idea is create something that can compete on the same level as SDCC, NYCC, PAX, etc, etc. Something to bring arcades and pinball back to the fore front of people's minds.

But the only way this happens is if people support the event. I can't think of a single reason that anyone here who has attended Expo or Allentown before wouldn't want to attend this. If we want pinball to take the next step, this is it!

Reactions: WARLOCK

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
They sold out 700 pinburgh spots in 12 hours? Damn, that's impressive. Good idea to charge up front too.

If this gets up to PAX scale, it would be amazing. I haven't made it to any of these shows yet, but once the kids are older, I can definitely see making the trek.

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
They sold out 700 pinburgh spots in 12 hours? Damn, that's impressive. Good idea to charge up front too.

If this gets up to PAX scale, it would be amazing. I haven't made it to any of these shows yet, but once the kids are older, I can definitely see making the trek.

Yup :) Last year it took them an hour to sell out of 400 spots, they year they sold 500 spots for Pinburgh in 6 minutes :D

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
This sounds like it will be a great event.
Definitely several of us making the journey this year.
Should be good fun.

Last edited:

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
That's great about the people attending the tournament, but what about the non tournament attendees?

This festival won't succeed on the backs of the Pinburgh players, this is a much larger undertaking and is more about a tournament within a Festival, rather then a Tournament with Festival attached.

Everyone is focused on the tournament, and I want the discussion to get away from that. Pinburgh is awesome, we all know that, one of the best tournaments on the planet.

Now PAPA is trying to create the best Festival on the planet, with pinball and arcade culture in mind. Anyone thinking about attending Expo or Allentown should take a second look at ReplayFX and perhaps put you travel dollars there rather then another Expo.