• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Seller Feedback... v. trevormckay42

meegis

Mar 18, 2013
Woodbridge
Wasn't sure where to post this... (made a thread in the suggestion forum)

Just wanted to let everyone on the website know that trevormckay42 is a great seller and honorable member on this forum. He posted a thread selling a few DE games (here: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=2057) one of which (Simpsons) is now mine! :D

He was upfront about any flaws and included extra parts with the game too. The game travelled from Halifax to Toronto and was packed beyond belief. Materials were excpetional and the care that was put into it exceeded anything I could imagine. I would happily deal with him again and feel others should be aware of that. It was shipped to my office, where I unpacked it and tested it all out.

Kudos to you trevor!

Cant wait to get the game home! :mrgreen:

trevormckay42

Sep 12, 2013
Halifax
Thanks for the kind words Josh. I'm happy the game was able to go to a good home where it will be enjoyed.

As an FYI for anybody thinking about having games shipped, general freight is dirt cheap. Cheap enough in fact, shipping relatively affordable games like Josh's new Simpsons this way makes sense. The caveat is that it's being shipped along with every other type of merchandise imaginable, and the guys handling it generally don't give a crap about the game you just plunked down your hard earned bucks for. So, bulletproof packing is a must in my opinion. Hence the reason Josh's game was packed so well. A couple of hours spent in prep can almost ensure a safe delivery.

Here's how I did Josh's and I would suggest anyone looking to safely ship a game do something similar:
https://plus.google.com/photos/10207192 ... 9031493137

Yes, that might look like overkill, but I've been on the receiving end of shipments that were handled by an obviously drunk, stoned or blind (maybe all three) forklift operator more then once. I think it's worth the effort.

meegis

Mar 18, 2013
Woodbridge
trevormckay42 said:
I've been on the receiving end of shipments that were handled by an obviously drunk, stoned or blind (maybe all three) forklift operator more then once. I think it's worth the effort.

My family has had a warehouse (business) since before I was born and have been witness to some major failures over time. I only became a licensed forklift driver a few months ago, and I can say with confidence, it is SO easy to screw up, that any error could be a disaster. Im not defending anyones mistakes, but I am saying one false inch on a 9000 lb machine, and things break fast. The worst part is, the tires are solid, and slide on concrete floors. If they are wet or dusty, forget about it.

Example:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmbxj3352IM[/youtube]

brad808

Feb 28, 2013
Brantford
I can just image the person's face when they show up after hearing "cleanup on isle 4" =-O

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk