• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

WTB Solarfire

zod

May 29, 2013
Toronto
Looking for Solarfire, Firepower and Blackout pinball machines in good condition, doesn't have to be collectors but not interested in junk either. I will pay well for quality. Let me know

zod

May 29, 2013
Toronto
Found a Firepower with CPR playfield installed looks great. Now all I need is that damn Solar Fire

zod

May 29, 2013
Toronto
Its cool, I have had comments like that before and I guess took it the wrong way. You know since I switched to 80's pins from expensive B/W's 90's and Stern NIB I can buy 4 to 5 times as much and loving it. Anyway I'm sorry too.:)

singlezero

Jul 10, 2014
Orillia ontario
I can understand the exuberance for pins. I personally don't post wtb unless it's a part I figure there's enough titles and eventually that machine will come up at market value. I have expressed interest for a BK and have a desire for a captain fantastic but I know eventually one will come up. I am looking forward to the ottawa pinball show this fall to do. A fair bit of playing to see if there is one machine that I GOT to have. Last year even though I was there 2 days I probably only got a few hours of playing time in. I am hoping to find a machine worthy of WTB post. Zod im not being critical of the WTB threads but im curious if it drives the price up personally for you? Anyways best of luckin finding those GOTTA haves

Honey Badger

Nov 20, 2012
Ottawa
I can understand the exuberance for pins. I personally don't post wtb unless it's a part I figure there's enough titles and eventually that machine will come up at market value. I have expressed interest for a BK and have a desire for a captain fantastic but I know eventually one will come up. I am looking forward to the ottawa pinball show this fall to do. A fair bit of playing to see if there is one machine that I GOT to have. Last year even though I was there 2 days I probably only got a few hours of playing time in. I am hoping to find a machine worthy of WTB post. Zod im not being critical of the WTB threads but im curious if it drives the price up personally for you? Anyways best of luckin finding those GOTTA haves

That is a great way to build a collection singlezero but guys like Zod and myself aren't as patient as you are lol. I know this cause after meeting and talking with Zod we are very similar in pinball ways with the only main difference being is I keep my games longer and he sells them to make room for the next new one. As far as not waiting for our title to come up at market value and driving up the prices on ourselves (much like my honey badger avatar), we couldn't give a shit lol. I just went to the USA a month ago and bought a $500 and $600 valued games for well over 4k combined. Will I lose a ton of money if I need to sell... absolutley. The point being is we look at it as entertainment value and not losing money. Most of the collectors I know "can't lose money" or have to "make money" on their sale and they are what is killing this hobby. If we want it, we get it lol. Much like bigbossfan when we see a game and want it, we make it happen (kudos Reg). Anyways, just wanted to point out that yeah if we GOTTA have it then we GOTTA have it lol. Hope to meet you at the show in Ottawa and feel free to drop by my place to chat and play pins when in town!

Last edited:
Reactions: zod

zod

May 29, 2013
Toronto
Well said and quite correct, I'm also postive the guys who claim my style raises prices would still certainly take my money if they had a game for sale I wanted. Like WFan said some of us are without patience when it comes to thing we want and yes while it certainly costs more sometimes it has served me well in many aspects, anyway lets just enjoy pinball and leave the business side out of it, its a game.:cool:

superjackpot

Nov 19, 2012
Mississauga, ON
And the 80's pins are waaay more fun for me now than the B/W's 90's games.
I've recently incorporated a few 80s games into my collection. They're an enjoyable alternative to modern DMDs and I will always keep some in my collection from now on. Financially, a DMD can often equate to a couple or few 80s SS pins. However, were I to find one more to add, I'd have a hard time choosing which DMD or EM to let go in order to make room. Space in the end always wins out.

Most of the collectors I know "can't lose money" or have to "make money" on their sale and they are what is killing this hobby.
while it certainly costs more sometimes it has served me well in many aspects
Not everyone can afford to pay a premium to get what they want now and are often forced to wait for a good price on games they'd like to have.

Happy Canada Day folks!