• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Stargate switches not registering

quarter grabber

May 29, 2013
Ottawa
I am almost done my stargate restore. Everything worked perfect before I stripped the top and bottom of the Playfield for clear coat. Now that I have repopulated the top and bottom of the playfield there are issues with switches not registering and the backbox GI not lighting.

So first the Optos. There are two opto boards under the playfield, a small one with one red led on it that controls one opto and a big board with four red LEDs on it that controls four opto switches. So the small opto board which controls the pyramid ball through works perfect and registers on the switch edge test. But the big opto board which controls the top right ramp opto, the top left VUK opto, the top left ramp opto and the bottom left ramp opto, doesn't seem to work proper. None of the opto switches on the big opto board register on the switch edge test when triggered. Now that being said they do seem to be working properly. When I break the beam on each opto with my finger the corresponding red led on the opto board lights up like it is suppose to and when I remove my finger from the beam the corresponding red led turns off. So the Optos themselves appear to be working correctly. But they do not register on the switch edge test?

Second is the GI section of the backbox lights are completely out. The flashers work and so do the LEDs behind the pharaoh, but not any of the backbox GI leds. I have already checked the corresponding fuse (F8) and I have checked the corresponding relay (relay A) and the relay triggers in the solenoid test.

Third is the glider craft switch (switch 30) and one of the pop bumper switches (switch 10) don't register on the switch edge test at all either. They don't work at all in the game as well.

I can't figure out what the problem is or why everything worked before the strip down and not now. Any help from an expert would be greatly appreciated! Thanks In advance.