• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Stern Power On/Off Switch ?

Oct 27, 2020
Ottawa
Good evening, I have a quick question...does anyone know if STERN stayed with the power on/off switch on the head of their pinball machines? My friend has a GB Pro and to my dismay it has the power on/off switch on the right side of the head. Was debating buying a NIB STERN however I have limited physical abilities and if the power source is indeed on the head the game is basically useless to me. I only have 2 STERN SAM systems so I have not encountered this issue before in that the power switch is on the bottom right hand side...a switch I can access easily. Thank you in advance.

luch

Nov 18, 2012
Newmarket
www.topl.ca
yes all new Stern's on / off are in the head right side , but you could use an on off remote switch system like these . you plus a power bar into this , then into wall plug , up to 4-5 games can power up with one click !
51IMUtYhTfL._AC_SL1361_.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2020
Ottawa
Ohh thank you so much for the information...I wonder when the switch placement changed to the head...I presume with all SPIKE systems & onwards to current day>

Locutus

Feb 1, 2019
Richmond Hill
Another idea: I have my machines plugged into a smart plug. Plug is hooked up with Alexa and google. “Alexa/ google, turn on pinball machines”

Reactions: Ponzie

Paul

Feb 21, 2013
NewBrunswick
yes all new Stern's on / off are in the head right side , but you could use an on off remote switch system like these . you plus a power bar into this , then into wall plug , up to 4-5 games can power up with one click !
51IMUtYhTfL._AC_SL1361_.jpg

I have a plug similar to this . I have 4 pins plugged into a power bar which plugs in to the smart plug. Works great. I purchased mine at home depot for around $30.

BMHouze

Mar 11, 2014
Delhi Ontario
Once the wall gets full it gets hard to reach that far.
I personally just leave the power bar off until I want all of them on.
It in a good spot for me, so far...

pinballjah

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
The remote power bars are great. I use them on all my machines, never had an issue with fuses, etc. Save some wear on the on/off switch, although they seem to be indestructible anyway. Reaching over games is a pain, especially if you have a bunch lined up in a row.