• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Stern's next pin going to be a Zombie Theme?

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Posted about 18 hours on Stern's Facebook page. Not sure if it is true but there is talks about The Walking Dead being the next theme after Star Trek and being made by one of my favorite designers John Trudeau. Anyways, regardless of the theme here is hoping for something new and fresh in terms of layout, toys and features.

1395373_10151949320839244_627844294_n.jpg

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
I knew it looked familiar. Good catch Brock.

Oh well, looks like here we go again with Stern's love of superheroes.
I'm sensing a pattern:

-Comic Book
-Musicians
-Movie

Wash...rinse...repeat.

Pass :(

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
Punisher is my favorite comic book.

The new stuff from Garth Ennis has been great, and there has been allot more on his origin story which has all be awesome.

The comics have always been some of my favorite, the movies have all been terrible, none of the movies have been able to tackle what makes Punisher such a great character. All the movies either focus too much on the death of his family, or too much on the extreme level of violence, they never actually focus on the character and that is the mistake all the movies have made.

I don't think Punisher would be a good fit, too obscure of a character with way to many crappy movies. It most likely just more of Stern's crappy marketing dept thinking that any content is good content.

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
The Garth Ennis run on Punisher was mostly great, and when he was working with Steve Dillon again, it was almost like Preacher had come back for a little while :) The arc with Bullseye and the recent bits with the Kingpin were all really well done. Actually, if anyone liked that, you should check out the recent Nick Fury series that Garth Ennis did. Great backstory that follows the covert ops world from WW2 through to present. Both Frank Castle and Barracuda show up at different points over the series (I think it wrapped with issue 13, so there should be a collection soon).

That being said, even though you could do a game with some great artwork (as long as they don't use the Romita Jr stuff), I really can't see the theme flying. I could be proven wrong though. If it's Trudeau, a remake of Judge Dredd?

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
Love Spiderman. And Punisher. However........

See what we are saying? Your "RED" Spiderman's are all now worth far less than $4995 + hst.

Good for Pinball players. No desire for version 2.0 of anything for me the longer I think on it.
That isn't the point though, as they will sell a "boatload" of pins and keep the machine running.

Spiderham always make me laugh.

Movie.
Music.
Comic.

R. + R.

brewmanager

Nov 14, 2012
Scarborough, ON
Well, Walking Dead originated as a comic book, don't forget. And one heck of a good one - I've read the first two compendiums....first comics I've tackled in years....

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
brewmanager said:
Well, Walking Dead originated as a comic book, don't forget. And one heck of a good one - I've read the first two compendiums....first comics I've tackled in years....

I heard the comic is very different then the show's current story line too. Have you watched any of the seasons on AMC Walt?

brewmanager

Nov 14, 2012
Scarborough, ON
Funny - reading and watching are 2 different animals for me.

I started season 1 episode 1.

But I was at the cottage. It was dark. Everyone else was asleep.

I turned it off pretty quick.

Maybe I'm just a baby. But I didn't make it out of the hospital Rick wakes up in.

McMean

Nov 14, 2012
Peterborough
I turned the trailer for season 1 off. Too scary for me.

brewmanager said:

Maybe I'm just a baby. But I didn't make it out of the hospital Rick wakes up in.

Monkeybug

Nov 14, 2012
Stouffville, ON
McMean said:
I turned the trailer for season 1 off. Too scary for me.

brewmanager said:

I find this thread getting too scary for me.