• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

STLE Laser Light Show (Just posted on Stern's FB)

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
dos.reboot said:
Would someone be able to post the pic/video here? I'm on a no flash support browser for a few days.

You are not missing much Gwen and picture a disco ball effect :FP: :FP:

spiroagnew

Staff member
Dec 1, 2012
Scotch Block, ON
www.creditdotpinball.com
Laaaaaame. I can already hear Steve Ritchie backpedaling on this now...something about how this was not what he intended/envisioned? Wonder if all the STLE folks on Pinside had their heart attack before or after they came to the defence of this disappointing feature...

I'm sure the modders will have this fixed so that it is something more impressive very soon. Thank god for the aftermarket hobbyists, right Stern?

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
I took a screen shot from the video and if you can see those red dots they move around on the playfield in what looks to be like a fixed pattern. It is a similar effect as I mentioned above to that of light bouncing off a disco ball.

3149535-disco-ball-light-reflection-background-close-up.jpg

I don't know if this would have a strobe type effect on the ball playing in a dark environment, similar to how when all the inserts flash at once on TOM when you have CT super brights in there. You can't see or lose track of the ball if it happens to be rolling in the mid playfield and worse of all people pay $200-300 to do this to their own game too! :FP:

Also another Stern first in the pinball industry :D

156308-i.jpg

156309-i.jpg

Attachments

• STLE_projector.png
    STLE_projector.png
    168 KB · Views: 458

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
spiroagnew said:
Was there not a "seizure warning" sticker on AFM, too? For the strobe multiball?

Yes there was.

Also I don't understand the outrage, did anyone actually think this was going to something else other them some crappy lights swirling over the PF??

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
Vengeance said:
Also I don't understand the outrage, did anyone actually think this was going to something else other them some crappy lights swirling over the PF??

I didn't, but you had to know the majority of the collectors banking on the LE eliteness would bitch and moan.

D

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Nick Angel just unboxed his STLE #64 and uploaded this quick video here

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=75_K9Kz6geE[/youtube]

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
another game play video

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=TEWpGVYJ478[/youtube]

Here is a review of STLE after someone went to play it at Marvin's:
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ ... at-marvins

I got to Klingon multiball and it started up. It's really just a series of dashed lines going back and forth projected across the playfield. It's not really stars or anything.