• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

SWEP1 switch issue

atariaction

Dec 1, 2012
London, ON
stores.ebay.com
Just picked up a SWEP1

When you close the left saucer switch it also registers the right saucer and the "right bank lower" target, in game play and/or in switch test. All are in the same column.

I disconnected the right saucer connector under the playfield but it still registers when closing the left saucer switch.

Would this mean the issue is on the board? Or could it still be something else like wiring, diodes, connectors?

IMG_1688.JPG

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
Could be a mis-wired switch, incorrectly installed diode or bad diode somewhere else on the PF. I would start by checking each switch in that column, and just so you know the switches will not necessarily be wired in order found in the matrix... so you need to focus on ALL of the switches in that column.

D

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
A really quick diode test on each switch wouldn't be a bad idea and relatively fast.
It's not 100% accurate with the diode in circuit but, more often than not, I'll find one that reads bad and then I de-solder one leg just to verify and it usually ends up being bad.

Anytime I've had this type of problem with incorrect switch readings or multiples it has been diode related. My favorite was on TZ. Every left ramp shot was registering the ball lock. I was getting multiball on every few ramps. It was awesome :D

atariaction

Dec 1, 2012
London, ON
stores.ebay.com
Ok so I finally got around to testing all the diodes on the switches in the column. All diodes tested fine except one. I removed one leg of that diode and then it tested fine. Soldered it back on and it tested null both ways. Not sure what that means but the problem was not solved :(

Any thoughts?

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
I would try taking that suspect switch out of the column and see if that fixes the issue. If it does, try replacing the switch with a new one. Also make sure the diodes are all installed on the switches in the correct direction!

D

luch

Nov 18, 2012
Newmarket
www.topl.ca
Ok so I finally got around to testing all the diodes on the switches in the column. All diodes tested fine except one. I removed one leg of that diode and then it tested fine. Soldered it back on and it tested null both ways. Not sure what that means but the problem was not solved :(

Any thoughts?
what happened to your tech guy Corey ? lol