• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

System 7 Board Repair or Replace * PIX ADDED *

Scorpio

May 13, 2013
Keswick ON
Does anyone in the GTA diagnose and repair Williams System 7 MPU and driver boards? I am looking for a electronics shop that has some experience with these boards or do I just purchase a new Rottendog combo and be done with it.

This BK board has been repaired before and the connectors look pretty hacked. I just don't know where to start to at least get this game running.

As it stands, I have found 1 burned drop target coil causing the solenoid fuse to blow-disconnected and fuse replaced-coil to be ordered. One dead bridge rectifier-replaced. The game booted into audit mode and would go into attract with a quick on/off-rotten battery holder. The game ran for about 10 min and now the MPU board is locked 0 and two steady LEDs. There is PF wear, sloppy flippers and a flaky back glass, but those issues cannot be addressed until the game runs.
I have the desire and ability to do most work to restore this game to its original state but I have very little experience with PCB's. If necessary I will acquire the skills required to get this done myself, but I am asking for direction from knowledgeable people who have probably been in the same situation themselves.

thank you

Pete

Attachments

• IMG_9961.JPG
    IMG_9961.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 85
  • IMG_9962.JPG
    IMG_9962.JPG
    1,002.9 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_9963.JPG
    IMG_9963.JPG
    818.9 KB · Views: 85