• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Thanks Guys!

quarter grabber

May 29, 2013
Ottawa
i wanted to give a huge shout out to a few people for going out of their way to help me out. First of all Mike Wong for helping me secure this nice WCS. He texted me a few minutes after it was posted. I told him I thought it was a great deal but it was my busy time of year and there was no way I would ever get it before the ambulance chasers were out to nab it. Mike corresponded with the seller via email and phone, he contacted Todd and had him check out the machine for me right away. Todd let me know it was dirty and all the GI was out but it was really nice and I should pick it up. Todd even left a cash deposit for me out of his own pocket for it so the ambulance chasers wouldn't steal it. What a great guy! These two guys did all the work securing this deal for me four hours away while I was with a client. You guys are amazing and I can't thank you enough! I never thought I even had a chance being so far away and working so much. I feel like I owe Mike a finders fee or something.

Also while I was in town to pick it up Mike Wong set me up with Doug to fix the GI issue. Huge thanks to Doug too! If no one has seen this guy work, it is quite an amazing site. He knew what it was right away and he took the time to explaine things to me and other issues he could see that I would be able to fix myself. He pull the board off quickly and went at it with his soldering gun. We were at Mike (Zod) house so I took advantage and had a few games on his Centaur 2. By the time I finished my first game I look over and Doug was over at the WCS throwing the board back in, he was done soldering a whole new connector thing to the board! Couldn't have been more then a few minutes, I couldn't beleive it. Then I started another game and noticed out of the corner of my eye he was doing something at the WCS again. When my second game was done he said "ok all done". I was thinking, what, that's it? He had the board off, soldered a new connector thing to it, crimped all the wires and put a new high heat black connector on them so they touch at three points instead of one point so it would be more reliable. All in about ten minutes, I couldn't beleive it, it was like being at a magic show, truly amazing thing to see, or not see I guess. Oh and it completely fixed the GI problem.

But I just wanted to thank these three individuals for helping me so much, you guys rock! And I really appreciate your effort for me. Man people in this hobby are so amazing, can't thank you guys enough! Below are pics of the WCS untouched and still filthy as I haven't had time to touch it yet.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Last edited:

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
I know you wanted one of these games in the past which is why when you told me you were busy I emailed on your behalf just to see if I could get a horse in this race. It's also very rare you find a seller with scruples as he was being overwhelmed with lots of emails but stuck with me and Todd. Once the deposit was given he pulled the ad too! You don't owe neither of us anything and hope you will just remember to continue paying it forward by helping others.

Also while I was in town to pick it up Mike Wong set me up with Doug to fix the GI issue. Huge thanks to Doug too! If no one has seen this guy work, it is quite an amazing site. He knew what it was right away and he took the time to explaine things to me and other issues he could see that I would be able to fix myself.

He sent me this pic last weekend when he was troubleshooting and repairing your WCS94 at Zod's. The day was sort of hectic and wasn't sure how your schedules would work out with you coming into town to pick up the game. I said just bring a long extension cord with you so you can work on Zod's driveway.

17344279685_2f2a1cf2de_o.jpg

It is quite an amazing site at watching Doug troubleshoot and read schematics off a 50" LCD display while downing a glass of New Castle (which is his beer of choice for those who have him over for a service repair call ;))

13387844003_1cc37b2c97_o.jpg

Reactions: Menace

tkaye

Mar 17, 2013
Ancaster, On
Glad I could help too and as Mike said all you owe is to the hobby itself. Pay it forward. Tons of great guys (and crazy characters) I've met along the way always willing to help out! Enjoy your WCS!

Reactions: quarter grabber