• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

The Church of the Silverball open house and swap meet: sept 24th

Mike Hanley

Apr 9, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Hey everyone. Its almost time for the Church to have its Grand Opening open house. At the same time, we had already started collecting stuff for this years Ottawa show. Josh, we are sorry to hear you wont be holding an event this year, but we understand completely! The Toronto Gameroom show looked for a suitable venue for months. Wedding receptions made the hall more money. We all appreciate what you have done!!!

So now we have a void until York and Expo.

We have too many games. We will pull out 20-30 project em and a handful of ss projects. Some weird stuff too. I'll get a list together soon. Lots of Backglasses and parts.

We decided to have our open house, show off the new Church, and haul out the stuff into the parking lot. We have parking for 200+ cars and the building next door is deserted on weekends.

We figured we would open this up to everyone who wants to bring parts or games for sale. Space is free but you need to bring your own table, and email us to confirm a spot for you.

Scouts will be on hand selling hot dogs and pop in the parking lot.

If you want to bring a game for others to play that's cool, email to arrange. We have power for 50.

Date: Saturday Sept 24th. Rain date is Sunday the 25th.

There is no admission fee. We needed to have our open house anyways, so this combines both. Come on out and say hi! We have some cool pinball rarities:
A Williams game called "Defenders". It was never produced, one pf. Would have been between cv and swe1.
Alvin G "Slam n Jam" protos.
Mace. A Williams game in a funky cabinet.
Two unusual Tommy's. One is a proto with a different pf. The other was Pete Townshends. Slight different pf artwork.
Williams Score pool. weird pool game.
Challenger, a bally one ball payout game from1936

The Church of the Silver Ball

BMHouze

Mar 11, 2014
Delhi Ontario
Anyone attending this event that buys playfield rubber in bulk?
I could use a fresh rubber kit for Elvis and it would save me the continued drive in to Playdium.
Even better if you have a pair of superband flipper rubbers as I wouldn't mind trying them on the main pair of flippers.

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
There hasn't been very many posts about this event online, understandably...
However... There are events "planned" around this particular event... Thanks Mike...
This is an "old school" fantastic gathering of new and old here...I assume because the Ottawa Show is out...
Everyone is more than welcome and Mike is one of the very best hosts for pinball events in Canada. Plan on attending...

I'm in bro. Thank you as always.
Very much appreciate you hosting this.

All the very best.

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
If I want to bring a couple games to sell out of the back of my van or see if I can get a trade, is that ok or do I need to let you know?

BMHouze

Mar 11, 2014
Delhi Ontario
1 week away bump
Will there be any Pin Rev swag available?
I could use a list of SS projects available. My tech buddy is driving as he has a van and is looking for a project.
I am planning on wearing my VFW t shirt but may be in a jacket depending on the temp.
I don't need much in the way of parts (a stern cash box lid, a cheap tops tourney kit, a BK upper pf for another friend.)
I will try to remember to bring my leftover Wizard! plastics if anyone needs some.

mitch_a

Mar 2, 2014
Bamberg Ontario
I will be coming to check things out, I have a couple manuals i could bring to sell if anyone is looking for one. I have, LW3, Corvette, taxi, LAH and STTNG. Also have a black rubber kit for a DM. $20 each Let me know if you need one. rubber kit is $10

Mike Hanley

Apr 9, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
If I want to bring a couple games to sell out of the back of my van or see if I can get a trade, is that ok or do I need to let you know?
you are more than welcome to bring stuff to sell. I will save you some space!

if you bring parts, bring your own tables.

we start at 9 am.

no admission fee.

see you next Saturday!

Mike Hanley

Apr 9, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
I'll be bringing a truckload of arcade game projects to the open house - I'll post info in the arcade section!
BE THERE

Nick
Anyone attending this event that buys playfield rubber in bulk?
I could use a fresh rubber kit for Elvis and it would save me the continued drive in to Playdium.
Even better if you have a pair of superband flipper rubbers as I wouldn't mind trying them on the main pair of flippers.
white or black rubber?

i have a bunch of black rubber im going to sell. bags and bags.

BMHouze

Mar 11, 2014
Delhi Ontario
I got my rubber kit. Someone was nice enough to set up a mail delivery.
One less thing to carry around.
Just need a cheap cash box lid and it's all extra stuff from there...

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
I've been looking through my parts for anything that people might want/need.

Here's a small list of things I can bring on Saturday if anyone is interested:

-Bally Black Belt used ramps/plastics (condition is a bit rough, but there are impossible to find) $50
-Shadow Alternate Translite kit (Aurich) ($250) SOLD
-White Water used insanity falls ramp ($20)
-IJ lightly used temple molded plastic ($40)
-TRON full ramp kit; only used in my game for about 2 weeks before I swapped in LE ramps and fiber optic wire ($200)
-Used but good original TAF ramp
-Bally Evel Knievel stencil kit by Pinball Pimp: new and stored flat ($175) SOLD
-Zaccaria FARFALLA: used but really nice acrylic upper playfield and upper playfield plastic: super rare ($200/set)
-Zaccaria FARFALLA: pop bumper assemblies. I think I have all 3 compelte assemblies. Will verify tonight ($100 for all)

I also have a ton of these IJ crate toys. They were limited edition COMICON gifts from several years ago. I have several of the crates only. Most of them still have the hat and whip. $20 each for anyone who wants them. I'll make a better price if you want to take more.

GE11042lg.jpg

If I find anything else I'll update the list.
I don't plan to bring a table and display all this stuff so I'll only bring it if anyone expresses interest.

Thanks.

Last edited: