• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

FOUND Theater of Magic.... YEAH!!!! FINALLY

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
He was going on about the mods and stuff. I really felt like telling him I dont give a rats ass on what YOU think looks good and what it cost. I would not have done some of those things to mine if I had one, stop force feeding me LOL!

Exactly what mods was the seller talking about? Looking at the pictures from the kijiji ad all I see is a pretty stock look TOM with leds. You would think for $9500 you would get better pictures or maybe you need to EMT $50 in order to get pictures that are focused properly?

MultiHack3D

Aug 19, 2015
Toronto
Exactly what mods was the seller talking about? Looking at the pictures from the kijiji ad all I see is a pretty stock look TOM with leds. You would think for $9500 you would get better pictures or maybe you need to EMT $50 in order to get pictures that are focused properly?

LOL @ mwong and DRANO.... OMG that made my day!

He had the wireforms brassed, opto's on the trunk and out-lanes, a NOS coin door, plastic protectors, I think he said new ramps and .... could be true, tho the center one is cracked already cause of the target shifted on the left side its angled up and to the left. Just ASKING for air balls... the one shot I missed (rarely happens.. ..:rolleyes:;)) hit it, and sent the ball off the glass and into the left outlane like a bullet! Like.... fix that kind of shit!

Im a total noob and i fixed my similar targets on my TZ so that NEVER happens. IMO your just gonna beat the crap out of your PF and plastics leaving it like that.

It was the chunk of PF and insert graphic peeled off from removing the mylar that was the real piss off... more so that he acted like he never noticed it before that just turned me off the most.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
It was the chunk of PF and insert graphic peeled off from removing the mylar that was the real piss off... more so that he acted like he never noticed it before that just turned me off the most.

A seller from Montreal in the past mentioned "point of invisible wear" in their for sale ad and I had to PM him and ask what he meant. I don't know if google translate failed me but his explanation was that you can only see the wear from a certain spot or angle but not from player's perspective therefore making it invisible :rolleyes:

For normal people... yes.
But don't kid yourself about the level of 'douchebaggery' that exists in this hobby.

I can probaby name 127 different levels I have come across in my time in this hobby.

MultiHack3D

Aug 19, 2015
Toronto
I dont/wont say who this person is, cause they probably are on this forum;) And I dont want to start bad blood. I just put that out for peoples amusement /entertainment and my amazement.

So now my question to mwong168, based on what you seen.... his price, and what happend to me, what level is this dude at in douchebaggery?! :banghead:

He has some fine potential for top 50 for sure im thinking LOL

...oh yeah... and i forgot to mention he txt me 4 days later...saying he will drop his price for me $500 (if I come ASAP) cuz the price is gonna go up again?!

MultiHack3D

Aug 19, 2015
Toronto
Are you sure it was the same seller who offered a price drop? His ad clearly states that he sells for what he posts. Everytime.

View attachment 6740

uuuum *looks around*.... yeah it was LOL!.. *points finger*

Im not trying to make out that the guy is an asshole.... but he just could have did things a little more up front and honest and I may have bit.

BUT SINCE, thats what I read... I knew up front he rolled like that and I would respect his wishes and not try and haggle..... I told him before the long drive out there i told him more or less.... "Well it looks like its a take it or leave it deal, since you wont except any less, Thats a long drive to find out brother"

And then he went on about how great it is and I wont be disappointed and so on...

SO I took the plunge and drove to find out.

Had I spoke to you guys ...I may have saved some time.

I told him "im not trying to be rude but, your telling me 500 bucks less.... NOW?! I missed out on 10 hours of work on a sat at @ 2x pay thats well over 500 bucks to me... im just saying"

It may be worth that to someone, I just think I can do better. I just want a PF thats in "good shape" I can understand non-huo games are not gonna be beautiful.... but im SURE there is going to be one without mylar removal/damage out there. Something to build on and possibly CC one day.

One thing he said was true, after i noticed the problem up top... "the bottom of this PF is mint and thats were it counts"

I dunno I just was not feeling it.

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
One thing he said was true, after i noticed the problem up top... "the bottom of this PF is mint and thats were it counts"

Are you SERIOUS?!? That is one of the DUMBEST things I have heard anyone say about a pinball machine... OMG I'm still laughing...

And for those that know this seller, none of us are surprised by ANY of this stuff.

D

MultiHack3D

Aug 19, 2015
Toronto
What I meant by that is, if i had a choice of a PF stripped/lifted graphics... id rather the top then on the bottom, in my face.

At the price he was asking, I was expecting something very nice, not something thats unfix-able.

I went there with $9500, and I left not feeling bad at all (aside of the day of work I missed and 5 hrs of traffic).. He told me just minutes before that he personally compleatly stripped the PF for cleaning and put it all back together.... but when I noticed it, he acted like he never noticed it before!

That was the deciding factor, and the deal breaker. Hes not an idiot, im SURE he noticed it... and I suspect DID IT himself.

MultiHack3D

Aug 19, 2015
Toronto
I just need to continue being patient.... I still have the cash in a envelope... I may have to bring it back to the bank this weekend. Man I remember telling the guy on the phone... the same promise I told William up north, "If I EVER sell this in the future I swear to you I will call you and offer it BACK to you... for the SAME money your charging me before I let it go to anyone else!"

And I WILL honor this... the way I see it is people may have a change of heart, and they had it for a long time... it just feels right, I dunno... maybe im weird.

I dont have room for more then 2 pins at the moment... and for a while, so I got to be picky, I got no choice.

Reactions: Menace

MultiHack3D

Aug 19, 2015
Toronto
Well..... My time has finally come!

I have two TOM's lined up to go check out... and im ready to drop the dough this weekend!
they are up there in price... but are similar, and are CC'ed as well :)

One is like 1k more then the other, in this price range it almost feels like WTF is the diff, spending 1k more.
Ive been waiting so long, and missed out on 2 already all this time!!!

May have been for the better.... these ones have CC play fields.

HUGE thanks go out to Mwong, the Pin-father!

Hes truly the enabler!

Reactions: mwong168