• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

TIP This kijiji ad is a scam....

thewebexpert

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Almonte, Ontario
what about their other ads: This Pirates of the Carribean was a showroom floor model with very little play. We also have.Indiana Jones...T3...Shrek.....Playboy....Monopoly. ...World cup soccer. ..Diner..White water...Earth Shaker...whirlwind..Operation Thunder..Bad Cats...Frankenstein. ..Dirty Harry...Elvis Gold new in the box....Jackbot...Big Buck Hunter pro. .......Many many more....lots of Driving games..Pooltables, Shuffleboards., Poker tables.much more.

MUCH more, that is a pretty big inventory ....

Nintendo

Jun 28, 2014
Vaudreuil
I'm not sure this is exactly a scam, but it's always good to be safe than sorry.

I'm sure its the same seller that lives in Kingston but has crazy high prices for his pins. Unless he sent you some sketchy email saying his fathers in the hospital and he wants to get rid of the pinball, I'd say it's fair game. Someone live close to Kingston to check it out?

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
This does look like Chris from Kingston and I wouldn't call this a "scam" but over priced? I have heard many bad experiences from others who have made the effort to his place or even try to communicate with him. The problem is machines are misrepresented, have issues or sometimes non existent. They will list a very popular title to draw you in only to try and sell you something else when you show up. Anyways, always good to get reference and price check from here or maaca when in doubt.

Mr.T

Nov 16, 2012
Burlington, ON
www.youtube.com
I replied to the same ad a few months back. The guy said he had two of these machine that were owned by Doctors but the doctors moved out of country, so that wanted these machines (plus other items) sold off - so they didn't have to transport.

They said that if I transferred them the money they could deliver the machines too me.... I think we negotiated down to $3000 for the machine before they told me I couldn't pick it up in person. Apparently it was in storage and only a shipping company could get access. I told them that I would meet the shipping company, transport myself and provide cash on site... no response thereafter....

Hopefully it is not the same guys... but likely it is.

Oh yes, and last time they were from Niagara area.

Just a friendly FYI.

Nintendo

Jun 28, 2014
Vaudreuil
The kijiji seller couldn't scam you and now has to go back to his minimum wage job at McDonald's serving people that are more successful than him. Life's a bitch and there's no easy way to make money.

Hope the seller rots in hell. And all my money is on the fact it's some idiot from Europe trying to pull the scam.

Bally Boy

Dec 14, 2012
Ancaster
MOVING PICTURES

I love your avatar photo - my butt does hurt, from tools that accuse me of overpricing games when tons of other people do it, and you never mention a thing...

That IS Pinball Baby - the game was obviously not overpriced in my opinion as it sold.... Fucktard = a fucking-retard that can't get his head around the facts. PM sent - to you.

Keeping it Drama Free - Since, well, 10 minutes ago.... :FP:

Sup3rdaddy

Apr 27, 2013
Edmonton
Ok this thread is very confusing to me

Is this a scam ad or not?

Mr.T said:
I replied to the same ad a few months back. The guy said he had two of these machine that were owned by Doctors but the doctors moved out of country, so that wanted these machines (plus other items) sold off - so they didn't have to transport.

They said that if I transferred them the money they could deliver the machines too me.... I think we negotiated down to $3000 for the machine before they told me I couldn't pick it up in person. Apparently it was in storage and only a shipping company could get access. I told them that I would meet the shipping company, transport myself and provide cash on site... no response thereafter....

Hopefully it is not the same guys... but likely it is.

Oh yes, and last time they were from Niagara area.

Just a friendly FYI.

Do you recall the name?

The guy who is being accused in this thread goes by Chris M. I spoke to him regarding one of his ads.

He represents as having a business that has been around for a while.

I didn't get a bad feeling about it until I read this thread.

Can anyone clear the air here?