• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

To Sell or Not To Sell ACDC Premium

Bigbossfan

Aug 22, 2013
Lincoln, NB
Hi all. First off, apologize if I put this in the wrong forum. Was going to put in the For Sale forum, but doesn't really fit there either. In any event I digress.

Curently have LOTR and ACDC Premium in my collection. Don't have much more room for two (unless I get rid of that big tool bench, otherwise referred to as a pool table). I'm in on the pre-order for THLE. As we all know this is most likely not going to start to ship probably later this time next year. Based on the above, I will have to most likely get rid of one of my pins, and the LOTR isn't going anywhere! Plus on top of that, selling the ACDC will help finance the huge pricetag that comes with the THLE.

So, my question is this. If you were in my situation, would you sell the ACDC premium now, or wait the year and then try to sell it. My concern is, would I get more for it now, more for it later, or would the value sustain itself? I know none of us have crystal balls, but I also know many of you have alot more experience in this hobby than I do. I talked to a buddy at work today who's also on Rev, he told me to hold onto it. I value his opinion, but would like to also get the opinion of others.

Bit of info on the pin: HUO, just bought it in late Sep, manufactured in Jul 13. Includes pinbit lighting bolt mods, topper, Hells Bell Mod, under cabinet lighting, speaker LEDs and the flame side/speaker decals. Don't know if you need that info to form an opinion!

Anywho, look forward to some of the responses!

Reg

spiroagnew

Staff member
Dec 1, 2012
Scotch Block, ON
www.creditdotpinball.com
Not sure your willpower, but if it were me, I could guarantee if I made the decision to sell it now, some sweet deal would come along and I'd be tempted to fill the spot before the Hobbit arrived.

I say keep it and play it. Play it so much that you get your fill. Or have you had your fill in the FOUR MONTHS that you have owned it? Don't worry about the market and enjoy the game for the reasons you bought it in the first place. It's not like you stand to lose thousands....it's a game that has a good reputation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
That about says it all... Brock and Rob both have great points.

Stern has said they will make ACDC and ST (when we were there in October for Expo for the factory tour) until the demand is satisfied;
which means well into 2014. Plus the new pin which is coming out which sounds like Mustang now. (We didn't know that then)

I don't think ACDC will go up, or down in the next 12 months as long as they keep making new Luci versions and pro's are still available.

Your choice. Do what you like.

Sell now and bank the money.
Sell in a year and likely the same money.

The only sure thing that I know is that with pin collectors, pool tables vanish!

Bigbossfan

Aug 22, 2013
Lincoln, NB
LMFAO. Love the comments about the pool table. So true!!

Brock, very valid point. I've only had the pin FOUR months, but in relation to my LOTR, it gets very little play. Interested to read though that the thought is it won't decrease or increase.

Spiro, like your point about play it until I had my fill. Maybe haven't given it fair enough play because of my affection for LOTR!

Warlock, thanks for your comments too. Particularly about the pool table vanishing. Only problem with mine, is I have a Maple Leafs themed man cave, including the pool table. If that goes, only makes sense to get rid of the rest of the memorabilia and fund a good pin collection!!!!!!!!! Any one else here a die hard Leaf fan with a pocket full of disposable cash? :)

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
A sports den you say, eh?
Well, you have lots of fans here.
We hope, and we pray for the Leafs,
Except, those few Habs fans who sneer!

Don't change it too quickly.
Maybe it is perhaps our year...
Although, pinball is quite great.
In the end it is best to have beer...

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
The nice part about a game like that is that if you want to change it up for something different, you can always trade its value for something else. If it's not getting played, and you don't see yourself going back to it, bring in something else, but don't leave an empty spot for the Hobbit. I'm sort of in the same boat, and I've decided that I'll worry about where to put the Hobbit (or whatever other game I jump on before then) after I have it (including selling something else). Otherwise, you'll have an empty space that could have a pin in it...

frolic

Nov 19, 2012
Tdot
As long as you stay away from NIBs which lose some value when you open then up, you can buy/sell/trade several used games over the next year, get to enjoy a bunch, and not be out any real money.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Bigbossfan said:
(unless I get rid of that big tool bench, otherwise referred to as a pool table).

6126809539_972b73b039_z.jpg

That is about the only thing I miss about my pool table was the nice big workspace area it provided. I'm sure it would come in very handy for playfield swaps or shop jobs but I was tired of having to let go of games to make room for something else I wanted. The crappy part is you will probably have to pay a guy about $200-250 to disassemble it and have it moved to the new owner's home. I would evaluate how much you actually use your pool table and remember you need 2 to play otherwise there are other ways to play with yourself :p

movingpictures

Nov 29, 2012
Mont-Real
Pool Tables .... hmmm, aren't those the things that cost a lot of money and have little to no resale (or negative resale) ??

The answer is clear ... Good riddance! :cool:

spiroagnew

Staff member
Dec 1, 2012
Scotch Block, ON
www.creditdotpinball.com
I sympathize. Sounds like the pool table is the centrepiece to a Leafs themed room. My basement is destined to be a NY Islanders themed gameroom. Must strike a balance between the memorabilia I have collected for my favourite team and the pins.

SquidVicious

Nov 15, 2012
Oakville, Ontario, Canada
spiroagnew said:
I sympathize. Sounds like the pool table is the centrepiece to a Leafs themed room. My basement is destined to be a NY Islanders themed gameroom. Must strike a balance between the memorabilia I have collected for my favourite team and the pins.

Spiro ... what happens when the team moves to Brooklyn ?

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
spiroagnew said:
Must strike a balance between the memorabilia I have collected for my favourite team and the pins.

Here is all the memorabilia you will need for the Leafs which takes up virtually no room and it even has room for expansion too under 1967 :p

Toronto-Maple-Leafs-Logo-Stanley-Cup.jpg

spiroagnew

Staff member
Dec 1, 2012
Scotch Block, ON
www.creditdotpinball.com
SquidVicious said:
Spiro ... what happens when the team moves to Brooklyn ?

Answer: The team will be able to sign better free agents...nobody wants to play at the filthy dump that is the Nassau Mausoleum. The barn does still rock when there is a full house...I've been to some pretty loud games, I go down a couple times a year. I need to find a (virtually unattainable) GamePlan Mike Bossy Scoring Machine pin...it would really tie my two collections together. Something tells me re-themeing a Bobby Orr Power Play would be a more logical approach.

But to go back to the original post, if I had a pool table themed after my sports team, that would be a pretty hard piece to part with...even if it did open up space for five more machines.

Bigbossfan

Aug 22, 2013
Lincoln, NB
Some of you guy's are freakin hilarious!! LOL

Here's a little snippet of the shrine!

Attachments

• Pool Table.jpg
    Pool Table.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 139