• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

SOLD TWD The Walking Dead Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

GhostedPINBALL

Jan 10, 2021
SW Ontario
I don't recall for sure but TWD does not rank all that high on Pinside as a gauge of its overall market desire / theme/ game play. Price does seem too high even at $8,500. Seen several Stern pro titles going for $7,000-$7,400 depending on conditions and mods.

Chambahz

Dec 15, 2012
East York, Toronto
I don't recall for sure but TWD does not rank all that high on Pinside as a gauge of its overall market desire / theme/ game play. Price does seem too high even at $8,500. Seen several Stern pro titles going for $7,000-$7,400 depending on conditions and mods.

it’s coded by Lyman Sheates and is considered one of Sterns best.
It doesn’t make a strong, positive first impression because it’s a difficult game. Once you figure out the rules, it’s pure magic.
I need a new machine like I need a hole in the head but I can’t help consider this one. It’s an all-time favourite and I prefer the pro (sucks it doesn’t have the walker bomb button, is all).
That said, I’m not interested in any pinball machine at current Covid prices.
Someone else is going to love this game, though I wouldn’t recommend it as a first pin, with hopes that the kids will enjoy it.

tom_454

Nov 28, 2012
Ottawa
TWD is one of the greatest games of all time from a game play perspective and is highly regarded. Doesn’t mean it commands the highest prices as there are lots of them out there and the theme turns a lot of people off as it isn’t family friendly. It is ugly (no JPOP prettiness here). It is a rush to play if you enjoy the theme. Is it a 9k pin well I guess the market will decide.

Reactions: Chambahz

ritewhereiwant2b

Dec 22, 2013
Oakville
You know Drew, you should have your own business selling pinball machines or at least on social media reviewing them. ...and if someone doesn't like you review, well, we all know what they will get!!

Reactions: Chambahz

roar

Oct 22, 2015
Waterdown
it’s coded by Lyman Sheates and is considered one of Sterns best.
It doesn’t make a strong, positive first impression because it’s a difficult game. Once you figure out the rules, it’s pure magic.
I need a new machine like I need a hole in the head but I can’t help consider this one. It’s an all-time favourite and I prefer the pro (sucks it doesn’t have the walker bomb button, is all).
That said, I’m not interested in any pinball machine at current Covid prices.
Someone else is going to love this game, though I wouldn’t recommend it as a first pin, with hopes that the kids will enjoy it.

Chambahz was a driving factor to me buying a TWD... and actually enjoying it... TWD is an amazing amazing game and one I wanted to tip over and burn almost daily when I owned it! lol

Goldfinger88

Oct 22, 2020
Kanata
I’ve never sworn at a machine as much as I do with TWD. It’s also been on the receiving end of a drop kick or two, but the thrill of nailing a shot with a big multiplier and double scoring going makes it all worth while!

Then right back to getting your arse kicked

Reactions: Honey Badger

Rascal

Sep 20, 2015
nova scotia, canada
I got an LE and when you get her wound up, she is amazing and intense gameplay. My go to pin.
I haven't tried the pro version, but that BG ramp on the pro looks way smoother than the LE/Prem version.

Reactions: Extraballingtmc

roar

Oct 22, 2015
Waterdown
It really is smoother, much more flow on the pro too... the extra magnet and the crossbow and bg ramp all slow the game down... now I still think the Premium/LE is awesome, so I'm not knocking it, if I were to buy a TWD again I'd go that route just to play something different, but the Pro is a pretty darn near perfect game in my books.

Reactions: cuebert and Fifty

spikedbat

Aug 31, 2016
Richmond Hill, Ontario
This isn’t covid pricing this is a reality that are gov has been printing $$$ like crazy for the last year and no sight of ending that anytime soon. Fact your dollar isn’t going to buy what it did two years ago. Just look around at the grocery store for an example.
me sit until inflation numbers come out. Could be as high as 5%. our dollar buys less.
I sold TWD last summer for $7500 and buddy was happy paying that. Timing is key on getting top dollar and honestly you don’t really find guys paying top dollar on this forum. $8000-8500 all day on this pin to the right guy. The days of pro sterns for $7k or less are gone unless it’s an Aerosmith or something just as crappy.

Reactions: Extraballingtmc
Status
Not open for further replies.