• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

What was your FIRST GAME?

REVOLUTION

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 13, 2012
GTA
www.pinballrevolution.com
Aka. the beginning of "the sickness" ;)

Mine was a Stern Magic. I was the high-bidder off one in St. Catherines for $340, fully working. Great deal! ... it was all downhill from there.

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
Addams Family, bought directly from the Playdium show room floor for way too much money, but it was a friggen bargain back then compared to today's market.

I restored it top to bottom, and sold it, haven't missed it until I saw the kijiji ad come up with my machine for sale again, but the game is much to simplistic for my tastes.

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
A world cup soccer 94 that I got from Dan in Ancaster. I remember thinking that it was an insane amount of money at the time :) Finally sold it to help pay for a TZ later on. Great first game though-I had almost no problems with it for the 18 months or so that I owned it.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
My first pin was High Speed. After 72 hours, I tglovered it and got my first DMD pin --> Demolition Man.

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
TAF here as well (off ebay :eek: ). It was my favorite in the arcades and, since I'm about to drop a brand new playfield into it, seems like it probably won't ever leave.
It may be straighforward, even simple at times, but still a whole lot of fun and one of the best theme executions of the 90's. I think it took me about 3-4 months before I landed my IJ afterwards. Those two games have some of the best/most fun modes in pinball IMO.

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
Williams Flash. 5 reasons. 1) Availability 2) Simple game play 3)Steve Ritchie design 4) First game from any manufacturer to have dynamic background sound during Gameplay-ipdb. 5)First game to use Flash lamps-ipdb. It is not going anywhere. I bought 3 to make sure I had a really nice example of it. I ended up with 3 nice examples, 2 of which went to other pinball collectors. Will do the 100% preservation on this machine including clear coat. Simple, but fun. No thinking required for gameplay. Keep your flippers moving.

brewmanager

Nov 14, 2012
Scarborough, ON
Triple Strike, bought when I was desperately and futilely searching for a High Speed. Saw the ad from Tglover, had the cash in hand already and went and got it.

Have come a long way from then - needing to check YouTube to get the lockdown bar off. :)

Grauwulf

Nov 14, 2012
Guelph, Ont
DE Back to the Future which I still have and will never part with. Purchased it off ebay from a guy in St Catherines not knowing anything about pinball machines and having never played a BTTF before. I have never regretted it for a second, it launched me in to a hobby where I have met a lot of totally awesome people over the years. :)

Jokercyclone

Nov 19, 2012
Space Shuttle . Still have it don't think I would ever sell it. Got me started into this great hobby which I love and I still really like the game.

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
First game I bought was Funhouse through rgp off some guy in Ottawa. After 12 years and MANY machines later that very game is still in my lineup, awaiting a complete restoration.

D

EJB

Nov 17, 2012
South Park. Knew nothing about gameplay at the time. Bought it for the theme.

cooke

Nov 14, 2012
London, Ontario
www.londonpinball.ca
First pin was Williams Sorcerer from an auction in Detroit in 2004. Needed a TON of work and I sold it before I got it fully working. I got a Firepower shortly after that and was well on my way. I can't even imagine how many pins have come and gone since then... I'd say at least 100.

Bought my first vid (Double Dragon) in 2002 and went through 30 vids in two years before getting my first pin.

Sorcerer was the only project I ever started that I didn't actually finish. I've learned a lot since then.

slacker

Nov 15, 2012
Hamilton Ontario
Buccaneer EM was covered up in the corner of a garage not working and forgotten about. With no pin background other then playing them.
Traded a case of beer for it!
1 switch repair and she fired up! A new set of rubber and a good cleaning a few adjustments and it still sits in my collection today, had lots of offers but its not for sale!
J..

Grauwulf

Nov 14, 2012
Guelph, Ont
cooke said:
First pin was Williams Sorcerer from an auction in Detroit in 2004. Needed a TON of work and I sold it before I got it fully working. I got a Firepower shortly after that and was well on my way. I can't even imagine how many pins have come and gone since then... I'd say at least 100.

Bought my first vid (Double Dragon) in 2002 and went through 30 vids in two years before getting my first pin.

Sorcerer was the only project I ever started that I didn't actually finish. I've learned a lot since then.

Hard to believe that its been that long, eh?

superjackpot

Nov 19, 2012
Mississauga, ON
Back in 2006 I bought my first pin, a Stern Monopoly. My thinking was to get something new so that repairs wouldn't be a concern.
I really didn't like it much and within about 6 months I traded it in... and upgraded to a TZ which I still have.