• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

What's your angle?

Slam_Tilt

Nov 20, 2012
Brampton
Vengeance said:
Slam_Tilt said:
Always level playfield. Head and glass can be slightly off. You know you will guarantee a level game if you do the playfield.

I never level on the PF, it's impossible to find a straight line on the PF so you can never be sure if the game is actually level or your level was just tilted one way or the other.

At least on the glass the lock down bar and backbox offer you two straight lines.

I guess it depends on the size of your leveler. I use the digital CT one or my phone for tight spaces. My phone fits almost anywhere and usually use it above the rollover lanes to level the top end. My digital CT one usually fits nicely between the slings.

Slam_Tilt

Nov 20, 2012
Brampton
Also if you use your phone use a bubble level that has the circlular footprint (not sure what its called), rather than the normal bubble level thats just a line, that way you don't need a straight line to line up against.

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
Slam_Tilt said:
I guess it depends on the size of your leveler. I use the digital CT one or my phone for tight spaces. My phone fits almost anywhere and usually use it above the rollover lanes to level the top end. My digital CT one usually fits nicely between the slings.

I have the same digital one and I actually don't like it, give me a good physical level any day, also don't think smart phones make good levels at all.

The top lanes are a good choice, but between the slings doesn't work, you can wedge it in there but it doesn't mean you are on a straight line.

Slam_Tilt

Nov 20, 2012
Brampton
Vengeance said:
I have the same digital one and I actually don't like it, give me a good physical level any day, also don't think smart phones make good levels at all.

The top lanes are a good choice, but between the slings doesn't work, you can wedge it in there but it doesn't mean you are on a straight line.

I calibrated my phone with the digital level so I know its been accurate. I personally like a physical level myself but the phone really comes in handy for this.

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON

True, which is usually the hardest part of leveling there. Still, you can usually eyeball it pretty well, or line up with a pf feature. I still think it'd be more accurate than what you'd get by using the front of the cabinet or the head though, right?

I wonder why Williams never put a horizontal bubble level on their games-they did the incline, but nothing for L/R.

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
Chris Bardon said:
True, which is usually the hardest part of leveling there. Still, you can usually eyeball it pretty well, or line up with a pf feature. I still think it'd be more accurate than what you'd get by using the front of the cabinet or the head though, right?

I wonder why Williams never put a horizontal bubble level on their games-they did the incline, but nothing for L/R.

I used to worry about doing it on the PF, and never felt it worked right.

Then one year I was at PAPA and saw the techs leveling on the glass against the lock down bar, against the head and on top of the head.

I figured if that was the way they were doing it, I trust them to know how setup a game properly over almost anyone else.

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
Yep, for side to side leveling I can't see the PF being out of true within the cab so doing it the way the PAPA guys do would be fine. If the PF wasn't level in the cab it wouldn't lift in and out of the cab correctly.

D