• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Whirlwind pinball ball launcher question

VA3AVP

Dec 22, 2013
BelleRiver
Hey guys just lately I notice my whirlwind the game will throw out two balls instead of one to the ball launcher every once in awhile. It never did this before I am a pinball newbie its my first one can anyone tell me what to check or what part to replace to try and rectify this problem?

Thank You very much guys

David

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
This will be a switch issue, likely one of the ones in the trough. Basically the game is losing track of how many balls are installed. Put the game into switch test, remove the apron and then test each and every switch in the game. If you find a bad or flakey one check the wires to see if any are broken and if not replace the switch.

D

VA3AVP

Dec 22, 2013
BelleRiver
This will be a switch issue, likely one of the ones in the trough. Basically the game is losing track of how many balls are installed. Put the game into switch test, remove the apron and then test each and every switch in the game. If you find a bad or flakey one check the wires to see if any are broken and if not replace the switch.

D
Thanks Menace this ended up being the switch was sticking or something I fixed it with a little bend or tweek has not been an issue since.