• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

SOLD Whirlwind

Status
Not open for further replies.

brewmanager

Nov 14, 2012
Scarborough, ON
Considering cutting loose my Whirlwind.

I have been told by many who have seen it that it's a very nice example. Apart from a scratch on the head, the cabinet is very nice. Play field is also very nice - just the tiniest (very typical) wear above the spinners. I have a decal to cover it, but its really not that bad so I haven't used it. I purchased a brand new translite for it. It has a brand new plastic set installed, along with pinbits and cliffys.

It works 100%, and I know I'll miss it in June after a long hot day at work when I would deliberately miss the ball-lock shots to keep the topper going.

I brought it in from the States after pestering the previous owner for months to sell it to me, and I'm eating the cost of taxes, gas and the translite at this price. I'm as firm as the Hulk's arms. $2500

I have cellphone pics available on request, and will get more when I finish setting my virus-infested computer back up and can get decent pics off my camera.

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
Re: Whirlwind

Walt is a great guy, and this is a great pin. We have been friends for over 20 years. We played this pin today, and I had to let "dibs" on this one go.
I have too many pins still, and I just don't have the room to set this one up. Whomever buys this pin, will be pleased with it. It is a nice machine.
Happy sale and happy buyer I am sure.

brewmanager

Nov 14, 2012
Scarborough, ON
Re: Whirlwind

IMG_8396_zps611f291d.jpg

IMG_8395_zpsf1e02202.jpg

IMG_8394_zps9ba7bc72.jpg

IMG_8393_zps448221ba.jpg

IMG_8392_zps75cbc838.jpg

IMG_8391_zps38813f02.jpg

IMG_8390_zps2e45ad80.jpg

IMG_8389_zpsbcb6ec17.jpg

My autofocus went all wonky on the cab pics. I'll try again later today, but these'll have to do for now.

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
Re: Whirlwind - some good pics added

I've played this game @ Walt's place a bunch, and it is an excellent example of this title. (they are usually beyond beat) Walt, you know I would be taking this off your hands if I hadn't bought 2 container games... (yes I'll be kicking myself I'm sure)

Deal with confidence on this one.

D

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto

I have played this game many times since he bought it last year and it plays great even on 5 BALL and if it had a DMD I would be all over it :lol: Good luck on the sale Walt and buy with confidence guys.

brewmanager

Nov 14, 2012
Scarborough, ON

Thanks gents! I do love it, just time for something else.

It was on Buffalo 5 ball, Mike, but is a standard 3 now. Probably why I can't get GC on it. :)

eh97ac

Nov 19, 2012
Mississauga

Why isn't this gone.

I am tempted and it would only go into storage! CPR is releasing a playfield soon too.

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON

Cause it "sold" once already and then anyone who was interested went out and bought other things :cry:

I would have bought it by now as well, but I just bought 2 other machines so I'm tapped out on money and space (I don't even have room for the 2 machines I bought
facepalm.gif

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough

Honestly everyone, Vengeance, Menace and Warlock have all passed on this pin due to other commitments only! All three of us have bought other pins and are already monetarily fully committed. In a few months, any of the 3 of us would buy this back for the same price. Buy it and play it until September. Sell it for the same price to one of us then. I don't want to speak for Adam or Doug, but I guarantee one of us would buy this back in the fall. It is a win/win.

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough

You know I will assist with so many folded pins curently when the time comes Vengeance.
Sounds like Williams Fan will as well from his recent post. What more can you ask? (WW!)

It will be an awesome destination once it is done Adam.

Slam_Tilt

Nov 20, 2012
Brampton

I probably shouldn't right now but if Scott is willing to deliver this when he picks up the JM I just might take it.

Brewmanager I'll send you pm sometime today.

Status
Not open for further replies.