• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Whitewater and Space Shuttle now on Pinball Arcade!

jooky

Nov 18, 2012
Mississauga, ON
Update Apr/2013: WH20 and Space Shuttle is out!!

Update Mar/2013: Cactus Canyon is out! Never actually played this title before but now I finally can!

Update Jan/2013: AFM is now on Pinball Arcade! Just tried it out and it plays fantastic! Seeing as how I'm going to be darn near impossible to own this pin, this is the "next best thing"!

Here's a screenshot of it on my ipad.

It's now available! Just tried it out, and they did a terrific job. Go grab it on your ipads and iphones!

I've forgotten how terrific this table is. It's now on my shortlist of desired next pins.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/106 ... generation

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
Re: STTNG on Pinball Arcade

Nice idea, but I gave up on these guys a while back. They seem to care more about making a mobile game than a PC/Console version. Not really the type of thing I wanted on a phone, but the Xbox version showed promise. No DLC on there for months though, and the promised PC version is nowhere in sight (which is the other platform I may have bought it on). I suppose if you have an iphone things are fine though-DLC makes it out there pretty fast (and even discounted).

brewmanager

Nov 14, 2012
Scarborough, ON

It's acceptable on an iPad, although I know a lot of guys on here think iOS is the devils work.

Helped me part with funhouse, knowing I could still play it....kind of.

Monkeybug

Nov 14, 2012
Stouffville, ON

brewmanager said:
It's acceptable on an iPad, although I know a lot of guys on here think iOS is the devils work.

Helped me part with funhouse, knowing I could still play it....kind of.

Apple = Communism.

applist.jpg

http://www.hylianux.com/applist.php

Markinc

Jan 6, 2013
London
Re: AFM now on Pinball Arcade!

Just played it. 9,900,000,000! So close to high score! Now for another game...

Markinc

Jan 6, 2013
London

Almost 17 billion! One shot left for Mars. Love this game. Last time I played the real thing was an arcade in Ottawa in 1997

jooky

Nov 18, 2012
Mississauga, ON

That is a crazy good score! I top out around 8 billion. Love the callouts. For some reason an alien shouting "ATTACK!!" and clenching his fists just cracks me up.

frolic

Nov 19, 2012
Tdot
Re: Cactus Canyon now on Pinball Arcade!

There was a photo on pinside of Steve Ritchie trying 3D Pinball Arcade at the Texas Pinball show this past weekend. He was wearing glasses and playing STTNG.

Personally I don't see the appear of 3d video pinball, not sure what it would add that would be worth wearing 3d glasses for.

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON

3d could be really interesting for a virtual pin, but I'd be worried that you couldn't get the refresh rate you needed to make it convincing and still get a decent depth effect. Still, it'd be cool to try.

Not sure about a PC version, but I'm really interested in the idea of a Windows 8 version now, given that I own a surface. Given that all my PCs are on 8 now anyway, it would effectively be a PC version anyway (and more flexible than steam). Only question is whether it'd scale well to different PC specs.

movingpictures

Nov 29, 2012
Mont-Real

I'm not sure which is more boring:

Playing CC on my iPad
Playing CC in real life

I've done both quite a bit and am bored to tears by this game.

Can someone tell me what all the fuss is about?

Maybe I could see it if the mounted guns shot pinballs, the quickdraw mode didn't slow down the game so much, and there was MUCH more to do....

purpledrillmonkey

Feb 19, 2013
Edmonton, AB

There's one in Vegas at the pinball hall of fame (or was). It's fun enough but it's not worth the hype. There's better (and worse) games around.

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga

I just got back from a 6 day business trip to Las Vegas and played this exact game.
In fact, I go there about every year around this time and I got to play CC for the very first time last March.

I fell in love with it immediately. I only managed to play 10-12 games on it and it had great flow, cool toys, excellent theme, sounds, humour etc! It just had a lot going for it and I couldn't figure out why it got such a bad rap. Anyway, I decided to start looking for a project CC to restore. Then, sometime last summer I read a thread on pinside about a guy that completely re-created the original code for P-ROC and was in the process of finishing the code. Well, the hunt went into high gear as I was sure this game was soon to become even more unattainable.

With help from Gerard, I scored a very decent (but dirty) example from his Italian source and had it shipped over on his 2nd container. I played it for a couple of weeks and started to understand the frustration people had with this pin. I got to the wizard mode on my first day. Modes seemed either too easy or incomplete upon closer inspection.
I promptly ordered the P-Roc, installed the new code and have not looked back since. This new version (called CCC or Cactus Canyon Continued) has tons of new content and is so well thought out that I can't see myself ever parting with this game.

In fact, I was about to tear it all down and do a full restore, but since I'm enjoying it so much, I decided to tackle a few other projects first :D

From new modes like Drunken Multi-Ball where the flippers get reversed, to Marshall Multi-Ball, where the game converts into an old EM with chimes and the DMD becomes a series of old-school score reels, this game now kicks ass! It even has a Cowboys vs. Alien mode that just happens randomly. The music just shifts to disco and the AFM aliens start to invade. You have to make certain shots to destroy the invading ships, or deal with the aliens if they make it down.

I even love the match sequence. If you get a match, there is a mini game within a game that starts, with it's own high-score section.
Eric (epthegeek) has thought of just about everything.

Check it out here:

http://soldmy.org/pin/ccc/index.php?tit ... _Continued

and here:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ ... oc-project

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough

I saw Adriano's CC about 2 weeks ago. Looks like a very neat game. He was about to strip it all down, but if there is a delay in that, I will be sure to play it next time I go by. The P-roc software sounds like an amazing improvement.

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON

That sounds like an amazing addition-I wonder what else people have done with PROC code... Might be a cool thing to mess around with, although starting from scratch is a huge job.

frolic

Nov 19, 2012
Tdot

I looked at p-roc, kicking the idea around of custom modded games, but it's definitely complicated. too complicated. I decided I don't have the time for it.

Ben Heck has come up with his own controller board that I believe might be easier to create for, so I'm waiting for more info about that.