• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Who does restores locally?

Beafraid

Dec 13, 2012
Maple
Guys I know someone that has a Williams Paddock. They are the original owners and it needs to be restored to some degree. I think it has been sitting for like 20 years not being used. Is there someone around here within a few hours that does that?

frolic

Nov 19, 2012
Tdot
I think the problem with any job like this is it is so labour intensive, it is cost prohibitive to ever hire anyone to do the work.

They might be able to sell the game as a project to another hobbyist who will do the work on their own.

Beafraid

Dec 13, 2012
Maple
I don't think they want to do a complete tear down. Maybe more of a getting it working and clean it up.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Beafraid said:
I don't think they want to do a complete tear down. Maybe more of a getting it working and clean it up.

If they just want a thorough shop job and fix things that are not working then I would give Menace a call. Depending where they live he could probably pick up and shop the game at his house on his own time.

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
If they want to keep the game, call Doug. (Menace)
Be prepared to wait for his schedule though. Do it.

If you want someone else to have a go at it locally,
many of us are learning the skill sets required to
repair, but we are not there yet and still working
on our own games as well. No one is ready just yet.

Limited (collector/player/fixer) market outside of
people doing this for a living. Most of us don't.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Where are they located and looks like a pretty simple tear down since there is no ramps or DMD :lol:

Playfield2.jpg

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
Oops. A Norm Clark 1969 EM?

Depending on your location:

Cooke - London
McMean - Peterborough
Sylvain - Ottawa
R.A.B. - Montreal

Some other collectors everywhere else,
but they are the 4 Horsemen for EM's.

g-man

Nov 19, 2012
Brampton / Caledon
WARLOCK said:
Oops. A Norm Clark 1969 EM?

Depending on your location:

Cooke - London
McMean - Peterborough
Sylvain - Ottawa
R.A.B. - Montreal

Some other collectors everywhere else,
but they are the 4 Horsemen for EM's.

I think you could consider AC70 ( Adrian ) the 5th horseman. :cool:

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
Adrian is awesome. His work, amazing. I have not met him though.
I didn't know if he did work for others, or just for his own games.

Same is true for you G-man, and lots of others I am sure as well.
Not sure who else does work for themselves and who does work
for others as well after the 4 guys I mentioned is all.

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
As someone who loves restoring pins... or even giving them a really good and thorough shop (which is what this sounds like) I can honestly state that there is no (or at least very little) profit in it. So, finding someone to do this kind of work can be problematic.
You need to locate someone with plenty of time that loves doing this and doesn't have any work of their own.
I'm sure any of the guys mentioned could do the work. However, I wonder what a game like this is worth and whether the owners want to invest a ton of money into getting it 100%

bstock

Apr 1, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
As mentioned above, restorations take a lot of time. I think when considering the restoration of anything, it all comes down to money. You can often buy a restored product at less than the cost of the restoration. If the owner is willing to spend the money required to complete the restoration, the sky is the limit. Money talks. If money is an issue, and it's not a very rare title, it's probably easier to sell the game that they have and purchase a better example that's already done. Just my two cents.

flyer666

Nov 16, 2012
Kitchener, Onatrio
Beafraid said:

With EM's getting them top work can take alot of time . just adjusting the switches gives me headaches....

I would suggest doing it yourself....
There are a lot guys willing to help if you have questions and youtube has ton of video's

my two cents

Larry