• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Worst Translite

bstock

Apr 1, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
After looking at the list of potential games for PAPA 16, I started checking out a few of the games that I am less familiar with.

What the hell is going on in the Genesis translite!? Am I missing something here? You've got the old creepy guy on the left with his eyes popping right out of his head, then on the right you have a midget wearing a rather revealing leather vest and some type of forearm guard, and then this woman in the middle who I feel really bad for (imagine her showing this off to her family as her big break as a model?)...

I think I would have a hard time walking by it in an arcade... I feel like the eyes would follow me like the Mona Lisa and I wouldn't be able to stop thinking about what is going through these two dudes heads to make them look so creepy.

So far this is the worst translite I've seen. Any other contenders?

Attachments

• genesistranslite.jpg
    genesistranslite.jpg
    199.4 KB · Views: 737

PhilGreg

Nov 28, 2012
Hardbody

image-8.jpg

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Like a lot of people I used to think Shadow was pretty terrible... but then I saw Torpedo Alley :lol:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 717

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
I was just at Adam's last night to pick up my JM and he just brought home his Genesis pin from this latest container. The translite is pretty fugly and not sure what the guys at Gottlieb were thinking back then :roll:

There are these alternate translite available on ebay for Genesis, Hollywood Heat and Raven

Attachments

• genesis.JPG
    genesis.JPG
    193.8 KB · Views: 667
  • hollywood heat.JPG
    hollywood heat.JPG
    290.4 KB · Views: 667
  • raven.JPG
    raven.JPG
    309.8 KB · Views: 668

brad808

Feb 28, 2013
Brantford
I have a Hollywood heat that I really like and have often considered getting the alternate translight for. The problem is the rest of the cabinet doesn't suit that at all. It's either horrible 80s theme with a nice looking translight that sticks out like a sore thumb or horrible 80s throughout. For now I've just kept it uniform.

Sent from my Nexus 4

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
I have always loved my Congo and my longest owned game to date but was never a fan of the original translite

8639461193_04db1aac9b_c.jpg

So I replaced it not long ago with this asslite errr... I mean alternate translite for $100 ;)

8640562958_83efa8ecf5_c.jpg

The photoshop job is not the greatest but my friends who come over all get a laugh from it intially.

vinyljunkie67

Apr 14, 2013
Toronto, Ontario
mwong168 said:
I was just at Adam's last night to pick up my JM and he just brought home his Genesis pin from this latest container. The translite is pretty fugly and not sure what the guys at Gottlieb were thinking back then :roll:

There are these alternate translite available on ebay for Genesis, Hollywood Heat and Raven

That Metropolis translite for Genesis makes me want to give the game a try. I have no idea what Grandpa Munster and leather clad midgets have to do with robots.

g-man

Nov 19, 2012
Brampton / Caledon
Funny. This topic resurfaces every so often and I think the same handful of translates get posted every time. :D
Somebody really needs to make this a sticky....or maybe a poll and answer this question once and for all. :cool:

Of course, the problem with pins like Hollywood Heat, is that replacing the translate is only half the fugly battle. Still got that cab and playfield artwork, but I guess the trans is really the weakest part. I thought I had read somewhere that somebody converted one to a Miami Vice. Maybe someone was just kicking around the idea, but that would be a cool retheme for sure.

And Mike, I'm totally digging that alternate Congo translate. The guys/apes in the background looking at the babe makes me chuckle.

I still intend to get over there and see it in person. But it's not like I have the whole summer off or anything. :FP:

vinyljunkie67

Apr 14, 2013
Toronto, Ontario
tim.sanderson said:
vinyljunkie67 said:
That Metropolis translite for Genesis makes me want to give the game a try. I have no idea what Grandpa Munster and leather clad midgets have to do with robots.
I thought it looked like the guy from the old DEAR JOHN sitcom:
Judd-Hirsch.jpg
file.php

Oh jeez... Maybe that actually is Judd Hirsch. I guess his career after Taxi wasn't so great :lol:

spiroagnew

Staff member
Dec 1, 2012
Scotch Block, ON
www.creditdotpinball.com
vinyljunkie67 said:
tim.sanderson said:
Judd-Hirsch.jpg
file.php

Oh jeez... Maybe that actually is Judd Hirsch. I guess his career after Taxi wasn't so great :lol:

The dude seems to have more of a Professor Julius Sumner Miller vibe...which is apt, as he was a real life mad scientist, and hosted a segment on the Hilarious House of Frightenstien. Anyone else grow up watching this gem of a show?

vinyljunkie67

Apr 14, 2013
Toronto, Ontario
spiroagnew said:
vinyljunkie67 said:
tim.sanderson said:
Judd-Hirsch.jpg
file.php

The dude seems to have more of a Professor Julius Sumner Miller vibe...which is apt, as he was a real life mad scientist, and hosted a segment on the Hilarious House of Frightenstien. Anyone else grow up watching this gem of a show?

Didn't grow up watching it but I did see a bunch of episodes. Anything with Vincent Price in it is fine by me.

stiffler4444

Nov 20, 2012
Crystal Beach, Ontario
Grizelda that witch (Billy Van) was too funny...I still make the voice when assisting in any cooking chores with the wife....which results in me not helping out that much in hindsight......