• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Writing about pinball at creditdotpinball.com

spiroagnew

Staff member
Dec 1, 2012
Scotch Block, ON
www.creditdotpinball.com
Against my better judgement, I’ve decided to start a blog. “Blog” is kind of a dirty word and it probably doesn’t describe what I’m attempting. I needed a way to post long-form, opinion-oriented, essay-style writing about pinball in an easy-to-read format. I think long-form writing is a void that isn’t currently filled in the pinball arena. The Pingame Journal isn’t very relevant anymore and the Pinball Magazine only gets released once per year. Other than those publications and a few ‘Zines, there isn’t much writing about pinball period...most commentary is communicated in two or three sentences on a message board. Maybe there is a reason for that...maybe nobody wants to read about pinball. Oh well, I’m giving it a go regardless, and you are welcome to follow along. Guest columnists are welcome if you feel the itch to write an “article” length piece and express your creative voice.

Please visit http://creditdotpinball.com and watch the train wreck unfold.

Thanks everyone,
Rob/Rod/Spiroagnew

spiroagnew

Staff member
Dec 1, 2012
Scotch Block, ON
www.creditdotpinball.com
Thanks Tim and Scott. There are lots of topics that get lost in the shuffle of daily life and topic bumps. I hope to cover those areas of this great hobby.

It will be tough getting a foothold in such a niche community, but I will try my best. The best advice I got so far was from Don of the Pinball Podcast. He said write for YOURSELF first, and if at least one other person reads, it will be a bonus. On the other hand, why write if its falling on deaf ears/eyes. Bottom line is: I need all the support I can get. Thanks fellas.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
spiroagnew said:
He said write for YOURSELF first, and if at least one other person reads, it will be a bonus.

Now I know why you were asking for credit dot error messages so they refresh dynamically each time you visit the blog, clever ;)

I will be reading your blog regularly and enjoyed what you have posted up so far. Keep up the good work Rob!

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Yup, that was a good read.
I played Fire for the first time last weekend and have formed a strong appreciation for the game.

Well done Rob!

Luckydogg420

May 12, 2013
Kitchener
I had some time this weekend to read parts of your blog. It's great stuff, your passion for the hobby is apparent, and it's well written.

Keep it up