• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

wtb: Gravitar, Robotron, Berzerk

HPR pinball

Jul 27, 2013
Laval, Quebec
Gravitar is a great challenging game, look slow but you need to be fast to not be hit or hit a wall, precision and strategic.Great learing curve if you are good at vids. Inverse gravity waves are hard and fun and invisible waves are the ''REAL'' challenge. Vector games are visually stunning. Hope you find one :)

Classic vids buyers are usually the persons who played those games in the golden era of arcade (1979-1983)
Good luck in your chase !

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
Re: wtb: Gravitar, Robotron, Berzerk, Super Sprint

Adding Super Sprint to the mix

I had one a long time ago, sold it due to space, and now with more space want it back

Cash in hand and I can pickup

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
Super Sprint has been found, or was found a few months ago, it's sitting at my office :)

Still looking for the others, not really getting any kind of leads so if anyone finds anything let me know.

BMHouze

Mar 11, 2014
Delhi Ontario
I was working on a machine a few weeks back and the owner had a mame/multicade with a bunch of games 4000+ (mame, atari2600, sega saturn, etc)
So I asked if he would load up robotron....
Looks as if whomever configured his mame didn't realize robotron is a 2 stick game and it didn't play at all properly.
just goes to show you, someone else can build it but if they don't test all the games something is bound to not be right.

brad808

Feb 28, 2013
Brantford
BMHouze said:
I was working on a machine a few weeks back and the owner had a mame/multicade with a bunch of games 4000+ (mame, atari2600, sega saturn, etc)
So I asked if he would load up robotron....
Looks as if whomever configured his mame didn't realize robotron is a 2 stick game and it didn't play at all properly.
just goes to show you, someone else can build it but if they don't test all the games something is bound to not be right.

In that particular case it's easy to fix. In Mame config there is joystick options that say things like: left up, left down, left left, left right. Meaning the left joystick. Same thing for the right. You can change it for all games and then any of the two joystick games will work correctly.

Sent from my Nexus 4

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
I have a full size 4 player mame, built by Sparky over on MAACA, he did an amazing job on it and it's great.

My only issue is really just one of laziness and feel, certain games (like robotron) just don't have the same feel unless you are playing the actual dedicated machine.

As for laziness, MAME is all well and good, put when you just want a few quick games, I don't feel like having to power on the pc, wait for it to boot, turn on the TV, sound system, boot up hyperspin, browse to the game, wait for it to boot, and then finally get to play.

I'm not good enough at robotron to take the time to do that every time I want to play a game, but like it enough that when I want to play it, just quickly booting up a dedicated machine sounds ideal.

Gravitar is a vector machine so doesn't really work on MAME, but I have a card to create a vector mame, and want to put it in a gravitar cabinet.

Berzerk is for a buddy, he loves the game and wants a dedicated unit, so I'm trying to find one.