• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

X-Men LE - price drop?

sensfreak

Nov 17, 2012
Ottawa
With all it's problems and the fact it is not getting a lot of love on Pinside, etc, do you think the price for X-Men will drop? I am considering getting an LE but just wondering if I should wait.

Honey Badger

Nov 20, 2012
Ottawa
Any games that usually gets bashed on forums drops in price....TF, 24, WOF, Avatar, BBH etc....so yes if it keeps getting bashed it will drop.

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
I would say buy it now. It could go either way, but Tron was not a game that was in huge demand right away. Once the software caught up and the NIB LEs stared to dry up, the demand got huge and prices went up.

I dont see XM getting too much lower and there is still a major software upgrade planned for sometime in January.
The game is already pretty great and people are just sitting back waiting to see what happens with the code... or theyre getting impatient and selling.

Unless you expect the code update to be a huge failure, there is little point in waiting. Thats the only way the price will drop further... and why would you want one then?

SInce the last upate I am really enjoying this game a TON more. I just set the hero modes to hard and it all works great. they just need to sort out that damned ramp and get the combo scoring and deadpool mode running. I'd say it's 80% complete already.

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
sensfreak said:

IJ4?

That makes no sense how is the layout on Xmen at all like IJ4?

IJ4 has 2 scoops, Xmen has 1.
IJ4 has 1 ramp xmen has 2
IJ4 has a captive ball area xmen doesn't
IJ4 is as stop and go as it gets with nothing other then the orbits and ramp offering any flow, Xmen has amazing flow especially when you factor in the moving ramp

I don't see at all how there is a single similarity between IJ4 and Xmen. other than scoop and right ramp placement.

sensfreak

Nov 17, 2012
Ottawa
The similarity that Jason and I were referring to is the placement of the pop bumpers and the scoop. The rest of the playfield to me is different. It was more of a general observation made while playing.

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
Much to generic to make an actual comparison.

You can say it ripping off TAF or Funhouse, or Tron, or TZ or Wh20, or, etc, etc, etc....

Lots of games have pop bumpers that need to be shot through to make an orbit.

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Layout and gameplay are two VERY different things. I think this game plays pretty well. It's a bit better with the post mods and I can't wait for the code to be sorted... but any comparison to other games with similar layouts is pretty thin.