• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

2017 VFW show tix are available now.

BMHouze

Mar 11, 2014
Delhi Ontario
I just scored myself a pair of tix for saturday May 6.
350 machines available to play.
I my opinion, the best show in the area (for playing).
Not too much in the way of parts. They did have quite a few back glasses last year.

spiroagnew

Staff member
Dec 1, 2012
Scotch Block, ON
www.creditdotpinball.com
It's a shame Allentown is on the same weekend. As much as I love the VFW, I haven't missed a shown since it's inception, I can't pass up the flea market and farmer's market of Pinfest.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
What Rob and Doug said... Loved VFW last year and was looking forward to it this year, but Allentown it is since they are on the same weekend...

FastEd

Sep 5, 2014
Toronto
What's the big difference between the two shows? I was thinking of going to a show this year.

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
VFW is strictly to play games. A-town is a mixed bag, as you have the flea market, parts guys selling stuff and free play area. Plus the farmers market and everything else in and around Allentown.

D

BMHouze

Mar 11, 2014
Delhi Ontario
Can't say I have been to Allentown. I only isually need the odd part or two. I am not into the amount of travel to Allentown. I once went to a show in Rochester NY and I hated the drive and the toll roads.
At least the VFW is 30 mins over the border.
Its also just a day trip for me.

If there are parts there you can arrange I could bring them home.

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
What's the big difference between the two shows? I was thinking of going to a show this year.

Clay's place is just that, Clay's place. It's a large building (former veteran's association building) and it's filled with tons of games... mostly in good shape and many very rare and unique. Attendance is limited so it never gets too crowded. However, it's in the middle of nowhere and there isn't much else to do. Some vendors like Terry from PBL will make the trip so you can prearrange and order and pick up on site, but very little else in the way of sales.

Allentown is more a boy's weekend/road trip. A big agri-plex houses the show with a huge free play area and that's surrounded by indoor and outdoor vendors. It's much more like a big swap meet too. So many great finds. Allentown itself has a lot more to offer in terms of activities in and around the site. The farmers market is a staple and it's always great to be able to step outside from hours of playing pinball and either stroll through flea market, go grab a treat from the market or even pull a lawn chair out of the truck and have a little BBQ.

Clay's feels more constricting. It's all pinball all the time. No break.

Allentown is the only event I'd feel bad amount missing.

Honey Badger

Nov 20, 2012
Ottawa
I went to my first VFW show last year and while I enjoyed it I'm not passing up Allentown. Allentown is not to be missed!

roar

Oct 22, 2015
Waterdown
I went to both last year for the first time and I'm going to VFW this year. Shorter drive and I just want to play the games. If I go to Allentown I will spend way more money I don't need to spend. Wish they were different weekends but this year I choose VFW. I've got a winter project or two as it stands, don't need anything else distracting me.

CJBob

Nov 24, 2014
Mississauga
I was hoping the Tigers would be playing at home that weekend so I could combine VFW and baseball. They are on the road, same as last year.

roar

Oct 22, 2015
Waterdown
I was hoping the Tigers would be playing at home that weekend so I could combine VFW and baseball. They are on the road, same as last year.

I looked too! They are in Oakland. Too bad, that is a beautiful stadium, I went last year for the first time. Maybe the Red Wings will make the playoffs and have a home game that weekend.

meegis

Mar 18, 2013
Woodbridge
If the people hitting up VFW, which tournaments (if any) are you playing in?

I'm debating what to choose and would love to meet and greet with those here I haven't met yet.

BMHouze

Mar 11, 2014
Delhi Ontario
I myself don't play in any.
I just want to play some titles and get a feel for a bunch of games.
I like to strike fast when a machine I like to play comes available.

I can hardly wait to put in a few games on safecracker and play a few of the UK imports (with the extra buttons amd plugs).
Also nice to see all the mods. Lots of color dmd titles.
I should be pretty easy to find. I am one of the very few that bring their wives along.

Last edited:

spiroagnew

Staff member
Dec 1, 2012
Scotch Block, ON
www.creditdotpinball.com
I've always wanted to pair the Allentown trip with some minor league ball (a live experience I MUCH prefer to watching live major league ball). This year may be the year...

The Allentown team (the Iron Pigs) play at 10:30am on Thursday, which is load-in day for the show if you bring a machine, and the Scranton team plays at 4:00pm on Saturday, which I can catch on the home! Baseball and pinball, together at last!

Reactions: CJBob

roar

Oct 22, 2015
Waterdown
I don't have plans to play in the tournament either, I should be well on my way back to Canada by the time that tournament starts. Last year I was on the road by 6:00 and there for when the doors open. I had gone alone so i was actually on my way back home by 1:00 I believe. I'm going with a friend this year so we will still a little later but I'd like to be out of states before it gets dark :)