• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

AC/DC Premium Speaker issue

meegis

Mar 18, 2013
Woodbridge
So I picked up Beafraids HUO AC/DC Premium not too long ago. The game was well kept, had no real issues when I brought it home (couple burned out bulbs). It is still playing great, I hear the right speaker is crackling and buzzing. I never had the volume cranked, and I dont believe Beafraid ever really did either, as I didnt notice it until recently.

Is it likely the speaker is just toast? or is there possibly something else I am missing? Any trouble shooting I can do, or dont bother?

It happens at all volumes, but is obviously more noticeable at higher volumes, so I have it turned down for now.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
I would swap the speakers left to right first to try and at least eliminate a bad speaker as that's an easy fix. If the problem moves with the speaker, then you need a new speaker. If it doesn't move, start by reseating the connectors and making sure all the wires are not pinched anywhere. If the problem still presists, you're likely looking at board work. (bad amplifier or something in the pre-amp section)

D