• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Anyone make new cabinets?

nics135

Nov 15, 2012
Janetville,ON
I am going to restore a couple of machines and being lazy wondered if anyone local to the GTA makes new cabinets. I vaguely recall seeing something a couple of years ago but could not find it searching today.

roar

Oct 22, 2015
Waterdown
You could try http://gameroomdesigns.ca/. I exchanged some emails earlier this year with them but the communication broke down... I'm guessing I was asking too many questions as I had a lot :).

In the end I built my own and although I am happy I did it that way I am not sure I would do it again... It is a lot of work :)

If you go that route I now have two 3/32 slot cutting router bits if you need one to do the the cut for playfield glass channels!

stiffler4444

Nov 20, 2012
Crystal Beach, Ontario
You could try http://gameroomdesigns.ca/. I exchanged some emails earlier this year with them but the communication broke down... I'm guessing I was asking too many questions as I had a lot :).

In the end I built my own and although I am happy I did it that way I am not sure I would do it again... It is a lot of work :)

If you go that route I now have two 3/32 slot cutting router bits if you need one to do the the cut for playfield glass channels!

So you were asking questions about their product and your needs and they didn't like that? I'd think twice about recommending them to anyone...it's your dime, they should give the time!

roar

Oct 22, 2015
Waterdown
I wouldn't call what I wrote a recommendation, I passed along another option and shared my experience who knows why the communication broke down all I know is that it did. As with anything else you read on a forum, YMMV.

roar

Oct 22, 2015
Waterdown
The virtua pin guy I saw in Ann Arbor MI makes cabinets.
Albeit in the US....
PaulbB Maletich
noahfentz@virtuapin.net
(248) 252 6871

At least I kept his business card.

I bought one of his Widebody Kits to make my virtual pinball and picked it up from him at the VFW event in Ann Arbor back in May. He's a straight shooter and even after the drive duty and exchange it was still several hundreds of dollars cheaper to buy the kit from him than to buy north of the boarder. He had a couple of his cabinets at the show too and they looked pretty solid.