• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Beat the Clock Sound issue

LiL B

May 30, 2013
London
Hello, and thanks in advance :)

I am just getting my feet wet with my first pin, I have a basic understanding of electronics and I am looking forward to the challenge of working on my own machine.

I have no sound, even during test mode on my BTC, when I turn the volume up and down I only have a low hum??

I have run a sound test using function 93 on the key board. The #65 came up on the display?

My question is, is the #65 the identifier of the switch or is #65 the issue(s) on the sound board? Or is the #65 mean somthing else? The only #65 I could locate on any of the online manual downloads is a SW 1, P.C.B. Switch, Bally Part # E658-1. I could not locate any other trouble shooting info related to the #65.

When I turn the machine on the led light only flashes four times.

Any input is greatly appreciated

LiL B :roll:

LiL B

May 30, 2013
London
So I have found another web site with online manuals flipperwinkel.nl

The manual had a detailed list of how many flashes and what it means if it stops at each flash. So my machine is stopping at four flashes! The chart indicated that the U8 speak chip maybe no good, so I will start there!
The next step would be to look at the PIA, U7 could be bad
The next step after that would be to look at a posable bad connection between the three chips U1, U7 and U8

Any input is greatly appreciated if I am on the right track
Thanks
LiL B

dgitan

Feb 24, 2014
Switzerland
Hello, and greetings from Switzerland.
I 'm just want to know if you find a solution of the #65 code error ?
I have exactly the same trouble on my "Beat the Clock".

Sound produce by the guy, like "beat the clock" are working, but no sound generated by the solenoid or the "tictac" from the clock.
I try to echange the PIA, the sound generator, the CPU on the sound board, everything is new ( capacitors, IC's sockets ), I change the main CPU board, because I found informations telling that's solenoid sounds are produce directly from the MAIN CPU Board.... but nothing change.

Error #65.....

So if somebody have an Idea.....

Thanks a lot