• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

SOLD DE Star Trek

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Price

May 31, 2020
Tottenham ON
The Good;
over $1,500 in new parts
new backglass installed
color PIN2DMD installed
batteries removed & NVRAM installed
All LED lighting installed
version 3 CPU & display ROMs installed
flippers totally rebuilt
nice condition playfield
fair condition cabinet paint (a few scuff marks)
manual, schematics & tech chart included
old & spare parts included

The Bad;
blowing transistor on column 6 of lamp driver
transporter animation firing at wrong times
occasional sound drop outs
occasional ramp shots not registering
missing coin mech frames
ramps & subway need a good cleaning
needs new playfield glass

I am mainly an EM pin guy. I have taken this machine as far as I can go. Would like to keep it but I can't get it to work perfectly. $3,500 firm or trade for a minty '72 Fireball, High Speed or other high quality EM +/- cash considered.

Saltimbanco

May 24, 2020
National Capital Region
Wish I would have had those skills to fix her up! But I'm currently a mix of great intentions combined with that sinking feeling of 'what have I got myself into'.. anyway, sure looked like a great project, congrats!

GUARD

Sep 17, 2016
Guelph
I think John is a perfectionist...it doesn't appear to be as much as a project as he implies.

Sure is refreshing though to have someone point out the things required, instead of trying to hide and gloss over.
Thank you Sir...

John Price

May 31, 2020
Tottenham ON
I think John is a perfectionist...it doesn't appear to be as much as a project as he implies.

Sure is refreshing though to have someone point out the things required, instead of trying to hide and gloss over.
Thank you Sir...
I'm having sellers remorse but I did get your stool.

GUARD

Sep 17, 2016
Guelph
Next time I head up to Barrie I'll grab my magic stool.
As soon as I went to set up the game I went "Ah frig"

John Price

May 31, 2020
Tottenham ON
Or better yet, I will give you back all you paid plus $300 if you take it up to Dave for full repair and I will throw in the return of your stool at no additional charge (lol, I wouldn't keep it no matter what you decide). I never really wanted to sell the game in the first place and the real reason I sold the game is because I am convinced that there is a major or perhaps minor problem with the CPU board and I am getting too old to haul it up the stairs by myself plus the fact that you made me realize that Dave is the ideal choice to do the repair work. I am willing to share the wealth among all 3 of us old time pinball fanatics to get the first rate game that I always wanted. Please consider it.

John Price

May 31, 2020
Tottenham ON
Yes, it's old & scratched, been well used and it has ring marks where obviously a cold beer got warm but to me it is the machine that is special.

Saltimbanco

May 24, 2020
National Capital Region
Man, almost PM'd you at the time to get this, I would have probably been over my head a bit as I said, but it does look really sweet! Myself, I would let you have it back, lol, but then it's not my grail pin (it was Tron Pro, and I already got that itch scratched!)

Now, it may be different with that special stool, but I haven't seen it yet! :cool:

John Price

May 31, 2020
Tottenham ON
Man, almost PM'd you at the time to get this, I would have probably been over my head a bit as I said, but it does look really sweet! Myself, I would let you have it back, lol, but then it's not my grail pin (it was Tron Pro, and I already got that itch scratched!)

Now, it may be different with that special stool, but I haven't seen it yet! :cool:
Guard's Stool.JPG Ask and ye shall receive.

GUARD

Sep 17, 2016
Guelph
My stool!!!

"This is my stool. There are many like it but this one is mine. My stool is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. Without me my stool is useless, without my stool I am useless."

Saltimbanco

May 24, 2020
National Capital Region
Pfff, that stool won't even adjust up or down! Anyway, let us know how both stories end (a man reunited with his long lost stool, another one getting back his lost first pin love all fixed up!)

Status
Not open for further replies.