• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Foo Fighters or House of Elvira

Oct 7, 2021
Nova Scotia
I have the option of either of these. I just don't know which one to go for. Ive heard the Foo Fighters pin is a difficult pin? I had TMNT and it was a difficult pin. I recall my turns never lasting much more than 2 min ( on TMNT) and it just wasn't a good pin for me lol. I did love how fast that TMNT pin could go though. Anyway, does anybody have some input on either of these pins? maybe someone has played both?

ZoomZoomBoomBoom

Mar 27, 2021
Barrie, ON
I have both (Elvira Premium and Foo LE).
Elvira is very average and kind of mellow. Theme is awesome if you are into B movies, (but gets repetitive quickly). Music, sound fx and call outs are great. I would give it a 6/10.
Foo has the best playfield design of any Stern I have played (and I own most of them). If you are a fan of the music, it's even better. (I wasn't a Foo fan when I bought the pin). Theme is kind of abstract. Sound fx and call outs are good. I would give it a 9/10.
Games are sooooo subjective though...

Reactions: Paul DeCristofaro

good_buddy83

Dec 19, 2012
Beamsville
I'll second that. I have played a bit of Elvira and I own a Foo Fighters. I hated my first 20 games of Foo fighters. It felt clunky, I couldn't make the shots. My now has over 1000 plays on it and it is hands down the best Stern they have produced to date in my opinion, and the code is not finished yet. Once you get dialed into the game, it is very flowly. It also has a ton of risk vs reward and strategy built into it. That being said, Elvira will likely increase in value more than the Foo Fighters, as there a far less out there and they will sell a ton of Foo Fighters.

Reactions: Paul DeCristofaro

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Foo all day long

I own both and if I had to choose which one to keep it would be Foo Fighters all day too. I'm not really an Elvira fan but I was able to trade my old TAF and some cash for it last year. I figure it was time to move on after owning TAF for almost 10 years so let's try something new. I also figured if I didn't like Elvira it would be an easy sell or good trade bait. If there was a Stern in my line up I would say Elvira would be first one I'd cut loose of the 8.

Reactions: kool1