• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Haggis Pinball goes dark

Fleetwood mIkea

Sep 13, 2017
Milton
P1 may be old school but drop in and talk to Sammy. They have a packed show room full of discounts. Certain pins are not moving. A deal is definitely available.

JP Pro was $1800 off at Ontario show, FF and Venom Pros $500 off, Jaws $200 off, CCr $800 off… Star Wars Pro discounted and sold. Haven’t been to the showroom in a long time, but I’m sure they have similar deals on whatever is left.

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
P1 may be old school but drop in and talk to Sammy. They have a packed show room full of discounts. Certain pins are not moving. A deal is definitely available.
Last time I was in there they had a wall full of demo machines marked down. Some decent deals there, but sadly, no Jaws (I suppose that's one of the games that's selling). If nothing else, you can go check them out in person.

kool1

Sep 14, 2021
Oakville ON
Last time I was in there they had a wall full of demo machines marked down. Some decent deals there, but sadly, no Jaws (I suppose that's one of the games that's selling). If nothing else, you can go check them out in person.

I would probably pop in more often if they were open on Saturdays or 1-2 weeknights.

I'm just never able to get there unless I take a day off to go,

Corrie

Oct 2, 2021
Mississauga, Ontario
lots of details coming out on pinside. They had almost a million in customer money across 86 customers. I can't believe that many people put money down on a machine when they didn't know if it would ever leave the shop. Based on stuff I'm seeing from former employees they were flying by the seat of their pants and trying to figure stuff out as they went along. That's what you do in the prototype phase, not once you've secured funding and are taking customer orders.

MrMikeman

Nov 25, 2019
Ottawa
Inventory? Seems like they have pretty much everything. As for specials, I think they're bound by Stern pricing.
P1 does not stock accessories. You can’t just walk in and buy a topper for example. Nitro does. Not sure about the newer smaller distros.

kool1

Sep 14, 2021
Oakville ON
P1 does not stock accessories. You can’t just walk in and buy a topper for example. Nitro does. Not sure about the newer smaller distros.
Inventory? Seems like they have pretty much everything. As for specials, I think they're bound by Stern pricing.

If they don't stock accessories that's not a good thing, isn't that what a retail distro does? I bought a Bond Topper from them not long ago so they must have some accessories. Again - who knows what they have unless you call them. Welcome to 1988.

As for specials - they sell many floor models or demos for a discount as discussed on PinRev before. But how would you know?

Smokezz

Apr 29, 2019
Kingsville, ON
Well maybe at P1 in Toronto they do but they sure don’t at P1 in Montreal.
Unless things have changed, they don't in Toronto either. I was told special order only for everything except the shaker motor. Their attitude was very commercial oriented still, even in 2022 which was the last time I bought something from them.