• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Halfdeck's Arcade Time Capsule

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
OK, that looks really cool. I need to do some more digging though-that video didn't have any of the roms installed, but from the sound of things you need a separate controller to play the games in there (i.e. you can't use the quest controllers)? I wonder if there's a way to get light gun support working with the controller tracking...

Just as a walk through piece though it looks amazing enough. Clearly there are some cabinets that are modeled in more detail than others, but what is there is really impressive. I'll have to try it out sometime on the quest 3.

necro_nemesis

Nov 20, 2012
Newmarket, Ontario. Canada
For best results you would use something to control games with you use normally with MAME to play games. You could use a console controller but if you seriously want to button mash you'd would be better with something like an X-Arcade, 8Bitdo or equivalent. It's a PCVR set up; goggles connected to PC. The emulator setup is the same as MAME 2010 (version..139) for roms. If you've ever used RetroArch with Libretro core it follows that configuration and requirement to install DirectX 9 for MAME. MAME is already configured in the ATC package using mame2010_libretro.dll that the package supplies. You just need to unzip the package and add the game roms to the rom folder in Arcade Time Capsule so long as you've already set up a PCVR system with your goggles to connect to your PC. The rest of MAME integration is preconfigured in ATC, it's just missing the roms.

I set it up using Oculus goggles and Virtual Desktop Streamer to connect to my PC wirelessly through WiFi 6. Any decent working PCVR set up should do the trick.