• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Introduce Yourself!

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto

Bear

Jun 5, 2016
OTTAWA
Hi...another noob joining,,,been trying to buy my first pin...learning a lot on these forums!
Going to make a WTB thread...I used to be addicted to eight ball deluxe so I am hoping to find a good example.
Cheers!
I have an EBD that I may consider selling. Let me know if you are interested

qbit

Jun 20, 2016
Halifax, Nova Scotia
I'm from Belgium originally but currently working in Halifax, Nova Scotia. After retro console gaming I got heavily into arcade gaming some 5 years ago. My favourite cabinet I owned was a nice Sega New Astro City Cabinet wired up with all original Neo Geo MVS hardware (and I had 60+ original titles). Extremely minty CP, too :-|.

IMG_2065.jpg

But unfortunately I sold it off before moving here - assuming that international moving costs would be higher than sourcing another one here locally. That turned out to be *so* untrue. I have not seen a single Japanese Cabinet in Nova Scotia, and only very very few in Canada in general. Oh well, ... I would still love to score some nice cabinets to get my arcade fix! That's why I'm joining. As far as arcade games are concerned, I'm mostly into nineties stuff.

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
Welcome to the forum Qbit. That was a nice cab you had there... If you're patient enough one will surface in Canada eventually.

D

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Qbit, I bought a candy cab just like yours a few years ago for $100 from a cafe that was closing down. It wasn't working but it didn't matter as I planned on running a computer with MAME. I was reading up on how you could dismantle the cab in pieces to move down my basement stairs but in the end I decided to go a different route for my project. I ended up selling it to a local operator for what I had into it and I think he had pieces to get it up and running again.

Welcome to the forums and keep this thread bookmarked for arcade related items on kijiji which Hammerhead posts from time to time.

http://www.pinballrevolution.com/threads/not-mine-arcade-machines-for-sale.116/page-19

You might want to register an account over at http://cgcc.ca/forums

Someone posted a tip on a $350 candy cab and another member brad808 managed to snag it too.

http://cgcc.ca/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=29250

Reactions: brad808

qbit

Jun 20, 2016
Halifax, Nova Scotia
@Menace, @mwong168: thanks for the welcome and the helpful tips!

I registered at CGCC.ca a while ago but traffic seemed to be relatively low so I did not frequent the site very often. 350$ is quite the steal though, for a candy cabinet!

Drop Target

Jun 22, 2016
Toronto
New to the forum and new to pinball. I have the boys at the bluffs to blame for getting me addicted to ems. Never played one before trying out the bluffs a few months ago. I walked in and couldn't believe that people actually still owned and played these "old, dated and ancient looking machines". A few months later and I have 2 ems myself, on the lookout for more and obsessed with pinball.

Curse the Bluffs !!!

Reactions: Menace

hassanchop

Jul 12, 2016
Lisbon
Hello all!

I'm new here and happy to join this forum.
I'm a 36yo pinball addict from Portugal. Been playing since I was 15. I also surf since I was 10. I live in Lisbon and this city is a surfing paradise. It used to be a pinball paradise also back in the day :rolleyes:
I'm an art director in advertising, so I also use my skills in the hobby to make some stuff here and there.
Currently I have only one pin: F14 Tomcat, but had many of them, like nf, acdc, tron, lord, sc, rs etc..

:)

Reactions: DRANO

stiffler4444

Nov 20, 2012
Crystal Beach, Ontario
Welcome Hassanchop. Had the pleasure of visiting Lisbon a few years ago. Wonderful castle as I remember, with crazy peacocks that weren't afraid of anyone! Now, driving that rental Renault Cleo 5 speed up those cobble stone streets to get to said castle....that was something to remember....o_O

Reactions: hassanchop

GabrielOlaz

Jul 19, 2016
uk
Eyyyy everyone

After years of searching - now i finally find my second home

Me, a minecraft lover, freelancer coder and owner of http://linktomp3.com/

You love Pinball ? I do, but I have to say that the last time I got the chance to play real Pinball is like 30 years ago when i was 4 years old

What are you thinking about me ?

Just let me know

Thank you