• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Is $129.99 as good as it gets for Polk Subs?

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
That was probably when our dollar was stronger and yes haven't seen them on sale for $89.99-$94.99 in a while.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
I would keep an eye on this Monoprice subwoofer from amazon.ca as this past March (http://pinballrevolution.com/threads/amazon-ca-cheap-monoprice-8-powered-subwoofer.3278/#post-30428). They were on sale for just under $90cdn after taxes and free shipping. I think a few people did jump on it when I posted it and said it works and sounds just as good as the Polk.

71z69xUvG7L._SL1200_.jpg

81KYlJtoj0L._SL1200_.jpg

You can also subscribe to Visions.ca e-newsletter to see when their subs go on sale and they offering free shipping too. They are a Canadian company mostly based out of AB and BC. Otherwise last place you can do is keep scouring kijiji weekly to see and I picked up a lightly used one that was used by a real estate agent to stage the sale of a house for $60 a few months ago.

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
Think about the quality of the audio we are using as a source for these subs... The last thing anyone should be concerned with is the brand name quality of the sub. Find somthing with a decent size woofer and power rating with the hi-Z inputs and you're good to go.

D

Reactions: WARLOCK

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Think about the quality of the audio we are using as a source for these subs... The last thing anyone should be concerned with is the brand name quality of the sub. Find somthing with a decent size woofer and power rating with the hi-Z inputs and you're good to go.

D

That's exactly the point and why these Polks for $90 were a great deal because you could drive two games side by side off one versus spending $140-160usd + shipping for a Flipper Fidelity kit which is only good for one game.

The improvement in bass in my opinion is the same or much better then a Flipper Fidelity kit as I've had both before for the same game STTNG. Each one of my games have a connector dangling under it so I can slide one of my Polk subs around to hook up easily to whatever is the flavor of the month. I picked up a second one only because it was $60 from kijiji otherwise I can only play one game at a time anyways.