• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Meh....

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Vengeance said:
I enjoy watching pinball, it's about as close as I can compare to watching any sporting event, but at no time will I ever be this emotional over Keith Elwin losing a tournament. The only time I ever get that emotional is when I'm directly involved.

Does this look like an emotional reaction to you?

8737981731_ace063c266_z.jpg

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
Adam,

We brag to our friends, collegues and most importantly to our kids that our friend Adam won PAPA in 2012!
That is no small accomplishment. Wait until they come and see your basement, your trophy or your addition.
Then you will see it first hand.

That is no different than when I played hockey, or did charity events with the great's like Lanny McDonald. Hero's!

It is not just blind devotion to a team. It is having that faith and hope, and then eventually passing on that desire, conviction and strength for the next generation to do it themselves after those that came before them.

Once Monkeybug's kids, or Menace's or Brewmanager's or anyone else's here win a tournament when they are older, you will see.
I am not trying to preach. And my sports cheering days are long past, except for the hope part.

Keep flipping! (That seemed appropriate)

Scott

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
REVOLUTION said:
All this drama is gonna make me want to leave the hobby and come back after a week! :x

You gotta sell everything first, and don't forget the obligatory meltdown :)

Scott, I guess I'm just socially inept cause I don't get it :p

brewmanager

Nov 14, 2012
Scarborough, ON
Vengeance said:
REVOLUTION said:
All this drama is gonna make me want to leave the hobby and come back after a week! :x

You gotta sell everything first, and don't forget the obligatory meltdown :)

Scott, I guess I'm just socially inept cause I don't get it :p

And yet, when you tell people (outside of the hobby of course - I think WE'D get it) about your expansion plans, do they get it?

It all depends on interests. My brother and I came from the exact same environment, and I'm passionate about pinball, baseball and the Leafs (although an admitted bandwagon jumper for them).

He could care less. And I couldn't care more. And I don't get him at all. And we're both cool with that.

Luckydogg420

May 12, 2013
Kitchener
I'm a leafs fan, but I've learned my lesson.

I jump on the band wagon in the second round of playoffs. Less disappointment that way. I only have to pay attention to hockey once a decade. Maybe