• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

monopoly playfield lighting not working FIXED

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Re: monopoly playfield lighting not working

If all the lighting is gone, general rule of thumb is fuse or a bad connector I think,
If it was working before, start with the fuse.
Sorry if this sounds basic or if you've already tried it.

What's the context of the failure? When did it happen and was everything okay before?

luch

Nov 18, 2012
Newmarket
www.topl.ca

yes everything before was ok , have checked fuses but all I can find seem ok , is there some where I should check ? thanks

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga

In your manual or in the backbox there will be a chart showing which exact fuse is for controlled lamps.

It's definitely a loss of power if all lamps are affected equally. This usually means:

-bad fuse
-bad connector/connection (check controlled lamps connector, serial cables etc..)
-loss of power to the board (can also be result of a broken connection from transformer to the board)
-you could have shorted the lamp circuit somehow and the board could need repair

I'll leave the deeper diagnosis for those more skilled than me.
Where you doing anything else unusual before it happened?
Raise the playfield? Mess with any connectors? Add any mods? Etc...

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON

It happened at the Charity Tournament Luch had at his place on the weekend.

Game was fine for most of it and then all the insert and CPU controlled lamps went out.

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora

Even new sterns break down! Sounds like it's time to schedule a service call. :)

D

luch

Nov 18, 2012
Newmarket
www.topl.ca

and we have a winner ! Congrats to Drano for suggesting , connectors , Found no power at the I/O board in the back box , followed the wires to the transformer pick up the connector and viola lights again . will have to reseat the connector . Would also like to say that Chas at Stern Tech was wonderful . He guided me thru all the tests while on the phone .

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
Glad you got it sorted. If reseating that connector doesn't fix it permanently, it will need to be re-pinned as the originals have likely been stressed and tarnished.

D