• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

WTB My first pinball (list of options)

meegis

Mar 18, 2013
Woodbridge
I feel like i have nothing more to add to this thread.

Only thing that hasnt been posted is trying out the pinball arcade app if you have a smartphone or tablet. It may not be perfect, but will open your eyes to games that may be harder to find, or just different eras in general. It is also a great tool to read about how to play a game and what the goals and targets are.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Also Marc being that you are from Montreal you should also sign up on Maaca which is another local pinball community with a larger Quebec user base there. I would recommend reaching out to some of the maaca "OGs" there such Sparky or Azatotht who can probably give you a run down of who and who not to deal with in Montreal.

TwilightZone

Nov 25, 2012
Ottawa, ON
You aren't going to find a HUO Tron or Star Trek for $4K. I don't think you will find routed for either of those titles at that price either.

For $4K, you can definitely find WPT or SWE1. As others have said, I would avoid SWE1. Very hard to resell unless you pick it up for a song.

You could add a decent C title Williams to your list -- Demoman, Dirty Harry, or GetAway. They are usually in the $2,500 range (maybe a bit more now). That would leave you with some left over for a Sys 11. once the bug really hits :)

Good luck!
Duane

Marc

Apr 12, 2015
Montreal
Well a little update

So the wholesaler I visited was indeed Allouette. I see what you mean about rescued from under the sea. The do look better once he has them shopped but they look scary sitting in the back room. He does re-import them from Algeria, Tunisa etc.

He had an RFM there that I tried to see if the SWE1 would be interesting for me and I must say I rather a classic pinball then pinball 2000. At 2850 the SWE1 is a decent price but not sure I would enjoy it as much as a Star Trek TNG or Tron.

On advice I tried the Pinball App on my ipad and I like the Start Trek TNG the best. Have not seen one live but if it is as much fun to play as on the ipad I am pretty sure I would love it as my first pin. What are Star Trek TNG going for?

I did join maaca and posted a similar thread of wtb to a first pin but no one has responded in that thread yet. So far you guys are more helpful :)

bstock

Apr 1, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
So the wholesaler I visited was indeed Allouette. I see what you mean about rescued from under the sea. The do look better once he has them shopped

I would steer clear of Allouette. You might think the games look better after they "shop" them, but upon closer inspection you'll realize that they do a super lousy job.

Contact local collectors and ask them what's floating around locally. The experience will be much better for you if you buy a good game from a local collector even if it's not necessarily one of the titles on your list.

Star Trek TNG will be out of your price range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk