• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Police 911 Sensors help

ihassard

Jun 25, 2014
Canada
Hey all,

I'm calling on the collective wisdom here. I have an opportunity to pick up a Police 911 cab but the catch is the sensors have been damaged. Seller claims the sensors are collectively (3) $50 to replace with some soldering work. I can't seem to find any mention of the sensors on google, forums, ect. Manual says they're ultrasonic sensors, other not as credible sources refer to them as infared sensors.

Has anyone here completed such a repair? Should I avoid this all together due to the rare nature of this cab?

Thanks everyone
e

pinball.customs

Apr 8, 2014
GTA
I can't say I'm even sure what the sensors do.. do they pick up a frequency when the gun is fired? Is it a gun part at all?

No experience with Coinopexpress for me, but I appreciate the link.. I'll check them out. :)

ihassard

Jun 25, 2014
Canada
The sensors detect where you're standing and move your player accordingly. An early stab at motion control which is actually pretty good. Using ultrasonic sensors to adjust your position in the game when you move.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EeRQLnvIF4

He's a gameplay video to give you a better idea.

Hope the link can be of use. They support paypal at a 4% premium so they are likely legit. I got a quote for the sensor kit @ $325 USD :(

quarter grabber

May 29, 2013
Ottawa
ihassard said:
The sensors detect where you're standing and move your player accordingly. An early stab at motion control which is actually pretty good. Using ultrasonic sensors to adjust your position in the game when you move.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EeRQLnvIF4

He's a gameplay video to give you a better idea.

Hope the link can be of use. They support paypal at a 4% premium so they are likely legit. I got a quote for the sensor kit @ $325 USD :(

$325 USD is way too much. I just picked up a nice perfectly working police 911 for $250.